Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

In Beverly Hills Porsche = ZERO

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 08:51 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by allanlambo
As i answered on another board.. Its not about the hey look at me factor.. Its about respect for a car that deserves it...

I look at it this way, inmo, ive owned dozens of better cars, faster cars, more exotic cars..yet I still see the beauty of the Porsche and i respect it.. How can these fools not?
because these fools are lay people, not enthusiasts.

Old 10-11-2010, 08:53 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Personally I think people should buy cars for how they perform and how you feel when your driving them. No disrespect to anyone on this forum but we have all seen the posers who buy bright colored cars and then put the ugliest chrome wheels on them.....sure people stare, but maybe that's because the car is fugly. My point is that TRUE performance people will appreciate your car because it is a great car but if you bought it for the attention it is definitely the wrong car. I have owned a few 911 Turbos and the guy in the flashier car always get's more attention.....he is also the guy who got a good QUICK look at my cars arss end when he tried to race me

And like Wyatt said it's Beverly Hills.

Last edited by gah993; 10-11-2010 at 08:56 PM.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
VegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond repute
.. How can these fools not?
Well, they are parking cars for a living, not that there's anything wrong with that, just sayin.

Old 10-11-2010, 08:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
allanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by wyatth
1) It's a Porsche
2) It's BH

Saw 3 Phantoms, a G Spy, and a 599 within 10 minutes on Wilshire/Roxbury a few days ago.
Ya, but that doesnt change the fact that out of Range Rovers and Mercedes E320's they park the Porsche in the back..

Old 10-11-2010, 08:56 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
i find that odd as well but perception is an odd thing.

Old 10-11-2010, 08:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
U-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, nobody gives a shit about Porsches in LA. I suspect it would be different in Souix City. I also suspect this was not the case 20 yrs ago, before the Boxster, Pepper and the family car. The brand has been diluted and there is no going back.

Old 10-11-2010, 09:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
allanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gah993
Personally I think people should buy cars for how they perform and how you feel when your driving them. No disrespect to anyone on this forum but we have all seen the posers who buy bright colored cars and then put the ugliest chrome wheels on them.....sure people stare, but maybe that's because the car is fugly. My point is that TRUE performance people will appreciate your car because it is a great car but if you bought it for the attention it is definitely the wrong car. I have owned a few 911 Turbos and the guy in the flashier car always get's more attention.....he is also the guy who got a good QUICK look at my cars arss end when he tried to race me

And like Wyatt said it's Beverly Hills.
I will say that at the recent 1199 run, I was truly embarrased by some of the wheel choices that many Lambo/Ferrari guys were running.. I mean some of these cars looked absolutely rediculous.. Forgiato comes to mind..

Old 10-11-2010, 09:11 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I will say that at the recent 1199 run, I was truly embarrased by some of the wheel choices that many Lambo/Ferrari guys were running.. I mean some of these cars looked absolutely rediculous.. Forgiato comes to mind..
And the sad thing is that they think that you are staring at the car because the car looks good...NOT!!! True performance cars do not have chrome wheels. Chrome adds weight. I have witnessed as I am sure many on this thread have witnessed some incredibly horrible aftermarket wheels fitted to some nice "performance" cars. Personally I just laugh at those cars.

Old 10-11-2010, 09:17 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
I'm glad they're "disrespected". I buy Porsches for the engineering, not the badge.

Old 10-11-2010, 09:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
Personal self-esteem related to the respect your car gets, dictated by where a valet parks it.

I love it.

Quick Reply: In Beverly Hills Porsche = ZERO