Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

What's fastest ? Turbo S vs GTR vs LFA vs SLS

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 01:40 PM
Teamspeed Member
Monaco has a spectacular aura aboutMonaco has a spectacular aura aboutMonaco has a spectacular aura aboutMonaco has a spectacular aura aboutMonaco has a spectacular aura aboutMonaco has a spectacular aura aboutMonaco has a spectacular aura aboutMonaco has a spectacular aura aboutMonaco has a spectacular aura aboutMonaco has a spectacular aura aboutMonaco has a spectacular aura about
LOL, I figured you would say that.

Old 11-05-2011, 07:57 AM
Teamspeed Pro
rangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond repute
That is what anybody would've said.

Old 11-05-2011, 09:55 AM
Teamspeed Member
Monaco has a spectacular aura aboutMonaco has a spectacular aura aboutMonaco has a spectacular aura aboutMonaco has a spectacular aura aboutMonaco has a spectacular aura aboutMonaco has a spectacular aura aboutMonaco has a spectacular aura aboutMonaco has a spectacular aura aboutMonaco has a spectacular aura aboutMonaco has a spectacular aura aboutMonaco has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by rangieboy17
That is what anybody would've said.
You're probably right. These type of forums/threads are full of non-owners latching on to the guys with the biggest garage, biggest egos, and their opinions. I find this disturbing because it became popular to bash some brands and not give them a fair shake. This became the status quo and its sad so many posters align to it just for acceptance. Do classic GT-R threads ring a bell?

There is enough evidence to suggest that the car is indeed special and rightfully a supercar. I'm not going to tell you one is conclusively better than the other. That's up to the informed gentleman or lady making the purchase, and opinion leaders. If you think the worth of a car lands squarely on its performance or stat sheet, you are going about it very wrong. Many cars fail that test; some, much more than others. But I am absolutely convinced that since the LFA is a Lexus and that it is Japanese, that's enough reason to dismiss it completely because accordingly there are things cars from this region shouldn't dare do. Ridiculous. My advice is to think for yourself and have an open mind. I know this is repulsive behavior in some parts of the world and some communities, but you'll be surprised how enjoyable it is to be a car enthusiast when you critique a car on an individual basis.

Sincerely,
Porsche owner

Old 11-05-2011, 09:58 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond repute
Porsche owner? you should have said that earlier! all is forgiven and we agree with you now! phew

Old 11-05-2011, 10:06 AM
Teamspeed Pro
rangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond repute
haha....So what LFA is japanese? I like the GT-R, drool over it whenever I spot one, it's japanese too. Let Lexus come with something as good as a porsche at the same price, similar or better specs I would very well give its 'fair share'. I don't bash on cars because of their country of origin.

Old 11-05-2011, 10:51 AM
Teamspeed Member
Funny thing about the GT-R. Price it the same as a Porsche 997 TS or price the 997 TS to it and I bet many opinions will change, but the argument won't. "It's Japanese. It's a Nissan. It's too expensive. Blah, blah, blah." Price match any Japanese car to a European rival, and the badge becomes a major part of the purchase decision among other things. To state simply, a Japanese car will never win unless it goes above and beyond of what can be had at a similar price. There's a higher standard it needs to meet to make a comparison, "fair". This is what I call the hypocricy of the modern day "enthusiast". When critiquing any car, I ask myself: "What was the manufacturer's motivation?"

Last edited by Monaco; 11-05-2011 at 10:58 AM.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:54 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Did I say that Nissan is not a capable car? Alright, even if its a low priced car, fun to drive and delivers I would be glad to have it.

Old 11-05-2011, 11:24 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond repute
The GTR is priced a little below the 997TT here, people still buy it over the Porsche and say its a great car.

The LFA isn't. Its too expensive for the level of performance you get. There is no technology in it that is worth paying a premium for. It will turn heads and tell people you have money, but it'll also tell them you know nothing about real performance or sports cars, wherever they are made. I have the exact same opinion when it comes to the V8 R8.

I can tell you why you pay a premium for say, a CGT, an Enzo, a Veyron. Can you tell us why its "worth" paying a premium for an LFA?

Old 11-05-2011, 12:47 PM
Teamspeed Member
"Worth" is subjective from buyer to buyer. It is dependent on preference and what one values. It is a personal matter. Cars like the Boss 302, ZO6, ZR1, Viper SRT/ACR, and GT-R show that you shouldn't have to pay much for performance. The correlation between price and performance becomes less clear the more expensive a car gets. Other factors other than how quick a car goes from 0-xxx mph or around track-x are implemented into the final decision to purchase because this can be had for much less. These factors cannot be measured or quantified. Buyers that pay premiums for cars do it for many reasons, and you and I both know the answer isn't as singular as its performance. At this level, resale and collectibility takes precedence. That is affected by many subjective factors as well as objective ones.

I would imagine LFA buyers are very complex with hard decisions to make. Their purchase decision is a little more involving than the performance one can obtain for the dollar spent, as you are alluding all car buyers make.

Last edited by Monaco; 11-05-2011 at 12:52 PM.
Old 11-05-2011, 01:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
I see some objectivity has seeped into your argument, however its very generic. Yes, people will buy things for different reasons when they do not have enough information. Our point is that it is very unlikely that a well informed car enthusiast would buy an LFA, and we consider ourselves in that category, therefore most of us on this forum would share that opinion. We are not lemmings, we just share the same mentality. If you want to say that some people do not care about certain stats and will buy that car anyway, therefore it is a supercar, then your argument is invalid.

Quick Reply: What's fastest ? Turbo S vs GTR vs LFA vs SLS