Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Recommendations for side skirts

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 04:54 AM
Teamspeed Pro
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Can't do the TechArt sides without an agressive front, will look ricey. Stay with oem stuff man, plenty of cool options to get.
If I were you I'd do the GT2 sides and then eventually get the GT3 front for your car and it will look spectacular. It does not need a wing unless you plan to heavyily track it.

Here's a clear picture of how gt2 sideskirts look on a black car, get them and have them painted gloss black!

Last edited by PorscheFanatic; 08-22-2010 at 09:07 AM.
Old 08-22-2010, 12:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
wyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond repute
While painted GT2 skirts would be the best, I don't think it's NECESSARY to paint them on a black car (whereas it is IMO on a colored car).

Felix good call. That would be so hot. I love the GT cars but just not a fan of most wings on the street. The C4s in all black with 2 skirts and 3 front would be epic with those clean lines and wide hips.

Old 08-22-2010, 12:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Stephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PorscheFanatic
Can't do the TechArt sides without an agressive front, will look ricey. Stay with oem stuff man, plenty of cool options to get.
If I were you I'd do the GT2 sides and then eventually get the GT3 front for your car and it will look spectacular. It does not need a wing unless you plan to heavyily track it.

Here's a clear picture of how gt2 sideskirts look on a black car, get them and have them painted gloss black!
We have a winner!!!!

That is the best setup!

Old 08-22-2010, 12:46 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PorscheFanatic

OMG thats what I'm after...that kind of look

Old 08-22-2010, 12:47 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by wyatth
While painted GT2 skirts would be the best, I don't think it's NECESSARY to paint them on a black car (whereas it is IMO on a colored car).

Felix good call. That would be so hot. I love the GT cars but just not a fan of most wings on the street. The C4s in all black with 2 skirts and 3 front would be epic with those clean lines and wide hips.
Yup thats the way I'm going to go. Going to call the dealer and order OEM stuff. PICS TO FOLLOW IN A FEW WEEKS!

Old 08-22-2010, 12:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Stephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by _CEO_
Yup thats the way I'm going to go. Going to call the dealer and order OEM stuff. PICS TO FOLLOW IN A FEW WEEKS!
I'm getting excited!!! This is going to be the hottest 997 C4S in toronto!!!

Old 08-22-2010, 12:57 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by Stephan
I'm getting excited!!! This is going to be the hottest 997 C4S in toronto!!!
Get your lenses cleaned up!

Old 08-22-2010, 01:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
I agree that the Techart SS look best with a more aggressive front end. But while the GT2 SS are good looking, they're a bit too subtle for me. 99.99999% of people won't even notice the difference.

Techart on a TT

Old 08-22-2010, 01:41 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
RE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by bonehead
I agree that the Techart SS look best with a more aggressive front end. But while the GT2 SS are good looking, they're a bit too subtle for me. 99.99999% of people won't even notice the difference.
I am 100% with you. The TechArt needs a subtle front lip to go with it... but then again the 997.2 TechArt Front lip is also a great looking addition.

PM me for special pricing

Old 08-22-2010, 01:41 PM
Teamspeed Pro
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bonehead

Techart on a TT
People won't notice the difference but all small details together create a whole package that is way different than stock, see the modena vs. challenge stradale for an example. I think the TechArt sideskirts are really cool but usually paired with a huge wing and an uber-agressive front.

Here's what it would look like from the rear, don't forget to lower it. Cheap way with springs or more expensive proper way with coilovers.

BTW, don't listen to the dealer about you having to get the GT3 wing to balance out the aerodynamics, he's 100% correct if you plan to track the car and if that's your main purpose with the car maybe you should get it.

Attached Images  

Last edited by PorscheFanatic; 08-22-2010 at 01:47 PM.

Quick Reply: Recommendations for side skirts