Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Exhaust note on a 997.2TT vs 997.2TTS

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 04:10 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
anyone got any soundclips???

Old 08-17-2010, 05:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by alin2.5
The "burble" on the TTS is a bit more pronounced IMHO.
Originally Posted by asg612
I love the "burble" of the S - its sounds MUCH different than any other Porsche I have owned.

I find the exhaust to be rather pleasing on the Turbo S. Although, I wish on start up it was a bit louder.

I've been driving the car for 4 days straight - i'm loving it.
Originally Posted by Glenn Mc
Yes, there's a lovely burble on the over run..

Anyone noticed the noise from the dump valve yet too ?, just come back from a weeks driving in the Alps, and my wife though there was a dog barking at us . Happens when you spool the turbos up, but quickly lift off, a lot of young lads pay a lot of money to make there cars make that sound over here
You guys must have got the good cars. I hate the sound of mine.

Old 08-17-2010, 05:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
alin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jamie
You guys must have got the good cars. I hate the sound of mine.
That's 'cause you have a CGT, a V10 R8, and an aircooled 993! All of which probably have a much better exhaust note than the TTS, IMHO.

Old 08-17-2010, 05:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by alin2.5
That's 'cause you have a CGT, a V10 R8, and an aircooled 993! All of which probably have a much better exhaust note than the TTS, IMHO.
I think I may have made a mistake. I've only got 10 miles in it, but I think I dislike it.

Old 08-17-2010, 05:38 PM
Teamspeed Member
Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
I think I may have made a mistake. I've only got 10 miles in it, but I think I dislike it.
Strange, as said, you have a rather nice garage, so a very high standard to judge against.

Funny though, i went through a weird stage with the car just after i got it, obviously loved it for the 1st few days, then actually started to resent it in a weird way that i can't even explain, kinda like it was just to fast and almost too much car for our roads, and couldn't help thinking that my licence's days were numbered.

I'm back to loving it now after driving it through the Alps, i actually feel the gearbox is the best part of the package, but really do like the grunty sound of the engine.

G.

Old 08-17-2010, 08:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
alin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond repute
I think that 16M ruined Porsche for you.

Although give the TTS a chance. It's a wicked ride, IMHO.