Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

World's First Porsche 997 TT with a GT3 RS Body Conversion & 600PS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008 | 01:11 AM
Teamspeed Member
Freier is an unknown quantity at this point
Car looks stunning! Was wondering about getting the air to the turbos since the side ducts are gone. Also pretty slick having the pipes exit like the GT3. I'm sure there is some fancy tubing underneath to make it work.

Old 04-08-2008 | 01:35 AM
Teamspeed Pro
iLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Freier
Car looks stunning! Was wondering about getting the air to the turbos since the side ducts are gone. Also pretty slick having the pipes exit like the GT3. I'm sure there is some fancy tubing underneath to make it work.
Love it also, and wondered the same thing!

Old 04-08-2008 | 01:58 AM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
I think it looks tits! I'd be worried about the intercooler.

Old 04-08-2008 | 02:25 AM
Teamspeed Pro
U-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond repute
Notice in the second to last pic that it appears to have the fold down back seats. So I bet that this thing started off as a 997 TT and then was modded to add the GT3 rear fenders, front and rear bumpers and exhaust tubing. Must have cost a fortune. Perhaps it started off as a 997 GT3RS and the TT motor was added.

Would love to know the real story here.

Either way, I think it would be cool if the guy added a logo on the back that said "Turbo RS"

Last edited by U-Boat Commander; 04-08-2008 at 02:28 AM.
Old 04-08-2008 | 05:04 AM
Teamspeed Pro
ZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 2thfixr
Maybe the GT3 hood vent is functional and there are intercoolers in the nose in addition to water misting.
Not really feasible to run boost hoses from the compressors all the way down into the front bumper and then back on either side to the intake plenum.

The only probable way this would work is if it has air-water intercoolers and the heat exchangers are in the front. In which case, water lines run all the way down to the front from the inlet side of the ICs into designated radiators and then back again to the outlet. Would be a lot of extra weight, but a killer setup.

I am REALLY CURIOUS to see what the intercooler airflow solution is.

Originally Posted by Brian H
also- look at mirrors, they look like RUF mirrors,
Nah, not RUF mirrors. RUF mirrors only have one post, these have two posts. Interestingly enough, the close-up shot of the mirror is the only pic of them, in all the other pictures, the car has stock mirrors.

So is the wing a 997GT2 RUF part?
Nah, not a RUF spoiler. Techart Type II

Last edited by ZAMIRZ; 04-08-2008 at 05:16 AM.
Old 04-08-2008 | 07:54 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Coochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ZAMIRZ
Not really feasible to run boost hoses from the compressors all the way down into the front bumper and then back on either side to the intake plenum.

The only probable way this would work is if it has air-water intercoolers and the heat exchangers are in the front. In which case, water lines run all the way down to the front from the inlet side of the ICs into designated radiators and then back again to the outlet. Would be a lot of extra weight, but a killer setup.

I am REALLY CURIOUS to see what the intercooler airflow solution is.

Nah, not RUF mirrors. RUF mirrors only have one post, these have two posts. Interestingly enough, the close-up shot of the mirror is the only pic of them, in all the other pictures, the car has stock mirrors.

Nah, not a RUF spoiler. Techart Type II
Thank you for the clarification! I've been trying to figure that out.

Old 04-08-2008 | 09:29 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Steve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond repute
that car was def not a gt3 when it started off
look at the rear seats...
either it was a c4s or a 997tt

either way its bad ass !

Old 04-08-2008 | 02:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
carendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by U Boat Commander
I really like this. I also would have liked it if they used the RUF RT12 side air inlets. As it is, the worst thing about the 997TT are the cheap and ugly side air inlets.
i completely agree.

i also wonder what the intercooler situation is, especially since the car is mildly modified.

- chuck

Old 04-08-2008 | 02:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
drew935 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'll take one as long as everything's functional and working with no issues

Old 04-08-2008 | 03:11 PM
DJ
|
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Few others...

Attached Images    

Quick Reply: World's First Porsche 997 TT with a GT3 RS Body Conversion & 600PS!!!