Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Car you had always wanted to drive but let you down?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 09:25 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Bullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant future
DB9
Maserati Spyder Cambiocorsa

308 -but still love it for childhood reasons!

Old 08-03-2010, 08:00 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
quattroporte.

Old 08-03-2010, 10:42 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Redmist is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Ho-hum

Aston Martin DB9 drop top. It might as well have been a Buick, with a nice sound track.

Old 08-04-2010, 09:45 AM
Teamspeed Pro
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Turbo S?! really?! Did you build it up in your head too much or something?

I would say the Gallardo was one of mine. Thought that car was going to be an out-of-body-experience.....instead i was cramped, the radio sucked, the visibility had me so nervous i was backing into things, and the attention i was getting (bright orange lambo) was intense! All in All i expected my day behind the wheel of a G to be much more fun than it was.

Old 08-04-2010, 10:12 AM
Teamspeed's Florida Ambassador
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
For me it would have to be the R8 (V8) and the 360. When the 360 first cam out I was excited to drive it. After driving my friends 360 for a while I was disappointed with the power. It felt like the M5 had more ooomf. It handled great, but I was expecting it to be faster. Same for the R8. I drove the R8 and realized that an M3 and a 135 could keep up with it and possibly pass it, that did it for me. It handles great, but it has no soul. I drove a 6speed and the flappy paddle one; the flappy paddle one was terrible esp compared to other flappy paddles. Perhaps they fixed it now.

I drove the R8 V-10 and I loved that, it felt as if the car finally found it's soul. They should have never made the V-8.

Old 08-04-2010, 10:24 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by pearlcoupeg35
Turbo S?! really?! Did you build it up in your head too much or something?

I would say the Gallardo was one of mine. Thought that car was going to be an out-of-body-experience.....instead i was cramped, the radio sucked, the visibility had me so nervous i was backing into things, and the attention i was getting (bright orange lambo) was intense! All in All i expected my day behind the wheel of a G to be much more fun than it was.
You think visibility is bad, try driving a Murci. The Gallardo is a breeze in comparison! The first couple days are nerve wrecking, you do get used to it. Now I'm very relaxed even driving the Murci. Just don't ask me to parallel park it

Originally Posted by allanlambo
Ha.. Well I dont think Id want today... But long ago I had one for like 6 years. I was fine with it and drove it everywhere.
Maybe I'm just a pansy

Old 08-04-2010, 10:32 AM
Teamspeed Pro
sean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond repute
Basically every Benz ever.

Old 08-04-2010, 10:49 AM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
DB and the Quattroporte... Sucked.

Old 08-04-2010, 12:10 PM
Full of Win.
Gobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond repute
If anyone says DBS my whole universe may cave in so please keep it to yourself.

Old 08-04-2010, 02:18 PM
Teamspeed Member
erazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud of
Just my .02, but JPCourt let me drive his LP640, I would say that was my let down. Maybe it was his too, seeing as though he upgraded to the SV. It felt like it a anchor swinging behind it when turning. Oddly enough it also felt like the front end had 5.0 wide wheels. Again just my .02

Quick Reply: Car you had always wanted to drive but let you down?