Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

My Cargraphic powerkit conversion

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 10:54 PM
Former Sponsor
sharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond repute
how neat! Enjoyed this thread!

Old 07-15-2008, 11:15 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
+1 for the suspension, alex keep us posted - great thread!

Old 02-26-2010, 07:03 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Alex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond repute
I got my first clutch slip today in 6th gear with an ambient temperature of 7 degC. I floored it with over-boost off (1.0 bar) from about 50 mph. I couldn’t get it to do it again even with overboost (1.2 bar) in 5th gear downwards.

I can still smell the burnt clutch an hour of driving after it happened.

Does this mean I need a new clutch or is one clutch slip no big deal? Saying that, I did have a similar thing reversing up a steep hill back in 2008 in Switzerland, the smell lasted for about 20 mins then.

I know I have 798Nm torque with my CG544 kit which exceeds the factory clutch tolerances; perhaps I need a whole upgraded clutch kit?

Eg. Cargraphic Clutch

Or perhaps just an upgraded pressure plate?

My car only has 17k miles on the clock so I would rather not change the whole clutch out unless I really need to.

Would appreciate your thoughts...

(also opinions on single mass flywheels please as part of that kit mentioned above)

Last edited by Alex_997TurboRSC; 02-26-2010 at 07:07 AM.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:19 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by eclou
29s would be a very strong pull. Certainly you won't be shying away from any GT2's...
eclou: Do you have more pics of your car?

OP: Car looks very nice like that. I never liked that color before, but now I do ;o) Nice specs too

Old 02-26-2010, 11:14 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Alex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Zymi

OP: Car looks very nice like that. I never liked that color before, but now I do ;o)
Thanks, frankly I am getting a little bored with my car's looks though. I saw a Gen2 GT3 in black sitting in an OPC showroom today next to a Gen2 Turbo and it made the Turbo look swamp-monster-ugly in comparison. I might have to revisit my TechArt type II dream...

Old 02-26-2010, 12:21 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by Alex_997TurboRSC
Thanks, frankly I am getting a little bored with my car's looks though. I saw a Gen2 GT3 in black sitting in an OPC showroom today next to a Gen2 Turbo and it made the Turbo look swamp-monster-ugly in comparison. I might have to revisit my TechArt type II dream...

Why don't you throw a GT2 wing on it......looks awesome imo ;o)

Old 02-26-2010, 01:00 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by Zymi
Why don't you throw a GT2 wing on it......looks awesome imo ;o)
No, and it would mess up aerodynamics just putting on a wing!

I was thinking more along the lines of:

https://teamspeed.com/forums/997-996...iami-3.html#29

Old 02-26-2010, 02:04 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by Alex_997TurboRSC
No, and it would mess up aerodynamics just putting on a wing!

I was thinking more along the lines of:

https://teamspeed.com/forums/997-996...iami-3.html#29
Really.....I did not think there was that much diff. between the other parts between TT and GT2...

The Techart looks fantastic............but the front looks like something that is not finished yet imo. Not my cup of tea ;o)

The rear lights would look fantastic on silver too....and Fabspeed crome tips instead....

Well...that's my thougs anyway

Old 02-26-2010, 02:46 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Alex, throw on a Aero front lip painted like SG has

Old 02-26-2010, 02:48 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Alex you have one of the best 997 Turbos PERIOD.

Quick Reply: My Cargraphic powerkit conversion