Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Aftermarket centre lock options

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 07:44 AM
Teamspeed Member
Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Aftermarket centre lock options

Just changed my order on the S today.

I had 'de-specd' the Spyder wheels, that come with the car, as i can't stand the look of them !!!

After much thought, i have decided this maybe be a bit of a disaster residual-wise, as i would get the usual "he's just stuck an S badge on" comments, also the fact that the spyder wheels are such an expensive option anyway, and didn't want to throw that value away.

So, i plan to change the wheels with some aftermarket ones asap, however, there doesn't seem to be many options out there, seen 2 types on here already, but don't like the Forza ones really.

Hopefully maybe able to claw some money back from the sale of the Spyder rims too.

Any other options ?

G.

Old 05-17-2010, 07:58 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
HRE, Champion, & FORGELINE have center lock options for you now as well.

An example of HRE, they also are doing the P40 in Center lock as well.

Member "forgedwheeler" on the site may have some apps for you as well.

Old 05-17-2010, 07:59 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Champion's:

Old 05-17-2010, 08:06 AM
Teamspeed Member
Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Thanks for that.

Champions look too much like stock IMO.

Always liked P40's any pics on a White TT ?

Also, not sure whether to go 20's or not, love the bigger look, but not sure if it would spoil the ride/handling ???

Old 05-17-2010, 09:19 AM
Teamspeed Member
I'm loving this look, my S will be white also.

Inner spokes painted Black.

Attached Images  
Old 05-17-2010, 09:28 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
Well then you can do the P40 from HRE with center lock option for sure.

Old 05-17-2010, 11:17 AM
Former Sponsor
AndreWB is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Glenn Mc
I'm loving this look, my S will be white also.

Inner spokes painted Black.

PM Sent with info.

Old 05-17-2010, 03:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
First you need a conversion kit to fit the centerlocks. This kit includes 4 RS Spyder rims and tires, but you can take them off the order and just get the conversion kit for the center locks, then buy different center lock wheels. I still think that this conversion kit with the wheels and tires will be cheaper than anything else.

Standard brakes.
Center Locking Wheel Conversion Kit - Steel:Suncoast Automotive Porsche, Audi, & VW

PCCBs
Center Locking Wheel Conversion Kit - Ceramic:Suncoast Automotive Porsche, Audi, & VW

Old 05-17-2010, 03:46 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
^^his car is going to be a new TT-S he doesn't need a conversion kit

Old 05-17-2010, 04:06 PM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by DJ
^^his car is going to be a new TT-S he doesn't need a conversion kit
Glad you said that, i was getting real worried then

Quick Reply: Aftermarket centre lock options