Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Aftermarket centre lock options

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 03:41 PM
Teamspeed Member
Forgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 997CarreraS
I dont think you need to do afetrmarket. Here are my Stock Centerlocks Painted Black.

One tiny little overlooked point: The OE centerlocks pictured weigh over 28 lbs.
So with the right investment you can lose about 30 lbs of UNSPRUNG weight.

Old 05-19-2010, 03:52 PM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Thank god, I thought I was the only one who hated the Spyder wheels!!

Old 05-19-2010, 04:46 PM
Teamspeed Member
Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Forged wheeler.

I thought the spyder wheels were meant to be very light ???

Jox, we're not alone, Porsche usually have great designs for their wheels, not sure what they were thinking here :-(

Old 05-19-2010, 04:59 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Yoan@ForzaForged has much to be proud ofYoan@ForzaForged has much to be proud ofYoan@ForzaForged has much to be proud ofYoan@ForzaForged has much to be proud ofYoan@ForzaForged has much to be proud ofYoan@ForzaForged has much to be proud ofYoan@ForzaForged has much to be proud ofYoan@ForzaForged has much to be proud ofYoan@ForzaForged has much to be proud ofYoan@ForzaForged has much to be proud ofYoan@ForzaForged has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Glenn Mc
Just changed my order on the S today.

I had 'de-specd' the Spyder wheels, that come with the car, as i can't stand the look of them !!!

After much thought, i have decided this maybe be a bit of a disaster residual-wise, as i would get the usual "he's just stuck an S badge on" comments, also the fact that the spyder wheels are such an expensive option anyway, and didn't want to throw that value away.

So, i plan to change the wheels with some aftermarket ones asap, however, there doesn't seem to be many options out there, seen 2 types on here already, but don't like the Forza ones really.

Hopefully maybe able to claw some money back from the sale of the Spyder rims too.

Any other options ?

G.
Can we at least be friends

Old 05-19-2010, 05:53 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Glenn if you de-spec the spyder wheels won't you not get the centerlock application from Porsche? They will replace with standard bolt on turbo wheels no?

Old 05-19-2010, 06:10 PM
Teamspeed Member
Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Correct, which is why I am now sticking with the centre locks now, but still don't like them, hence the search for some good replacements.

G.

Old 05-20-2010, 04:32 PM
Teamspeed Member
Forgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond repute
Forged wheeler.

I thought the spyder wheels were meant to be very light ???

Jox, we're not alone, Porsche usually have great designs for their wheels, not sure what they were thinking here :-(
Well, "very light" is a relative term, with no legal definition. The factory centerlocks are relatively light, but not compared to a well made forged monoblock wheel.
For example, the forged BBS F1 wheel in 19x8.5 weighs 7.4 Kg (16.3 Lbs), the same as our Tech1-210. The Factory centerlock front weighs 10.7 Kg (23.5 lbs). So, you can eliminate nearly 30 lbs of unsprung weight with the right wheels. This will make one helluva difference in acceleration, braking and ride comfort.

Old 05-21-2010, 02:18 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Jiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond repute

The GMG's looks very good in this black chrome finish.

Old 05-21-2010, 03:30 AM
Teamspeed Member
They do look real nice there, any more shots ???

Although not sure why many are changing the standard GT3 rims, as i think they look fab ???

G.

Old 05-23-2010, 02:28 PM
Teamspeed Member
They do look real nice there, any more shots ???

Although not sure why many are changing the standard GT3 rims, as i think they look fab ???

G.
It's because the factory GT3 wheels weigh 23.5 lbs up front and nearly 29 Lbs in the rear. With the right wheels you can lose 30 lbs of unsprung weight.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket centre lock options