Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Any bad experiences removing clear bras...

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 07:21 PM
mhh
Teamspeed Junior Member
mhh is on a distinguished roadmhh is on a distinguished roadmhh is on a distinguished roadmhh is on a distinguished roadmhh is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by vsll726
Why do you guys need to remove the clear bra???
A common reason is for panel repairs after an accident.

Old 04-30-2010, 07:15 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Mikelly is just really niceMikelly is just really niceMikelly is just really niceMikelly is just really niceMikelly is just really niceMikelly is just really niceMikelly is just really niceMikelly is just really niceMikelly is just really niceMikelly is just really niceMikelly is just really nice
One of the reasons I removed my clearbra is because it had started to haze, and I had a minimal amount of body damage to the front bumper cover, that was made to look worse by the tear in the clearbra... When I peeled it off (lots of work to get all the glue off) I found an amazing NEW LIKE finish on the front bumper cover. So much so that the minimal damage to the lower drivers side of the cover has been largely ignored and I haven't sprung for the new bumper cover to be painted yet.

Clear protectants are good for saving paint, but honestly I've never had my car look as "detailed" or the paint look as sharp with the Clearbra on the nose as it does without it.

Mike