Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Offering help for 997.2 LED swap

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 11:27 AM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by erazer72
Sure Atominc:
997-505-941-09 thats the rear bumper.
997-631-992-00 for a clear tail light
997-631-991-00 for the other light.
you use the "old" bumperettes and lower spoiler
you will also need the exhaust surrounds
997-505-651-02-01C exhaust surround
997-505-652-02-01C exhaust surround.
I do work for a dealer, but I would suggest using Suncoast Porsche for the soucing. They are sponsers here and a pleasure to deal with.
You dont need any parts beyond this, although I would suggest Techart exhaust tips.

***also the intercooler grills from the old bumper will convert over***
Thank you! I'll contact Sunset Porsche about these parts. They offer the same pricing for Porsche parts on this side of the country. This information will be very helpful! I'm going to go with the red taillights instead. I already have the TechArt tips on mine.

Old 04-28-2010, 12:25 PM
Teamspeed Member
erazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud of
Your welcome. I havent noticed the tips on yours before, but I do remember drooling over it before. Great color!! If you need help with the wiring let me know. Its pretty straight forward and its all in the front trunk on the pass side under the side fabric. But you will need to code front and rear c/u for LED.
Maybe pshop some clears on the back of yours, might look cool??

Old 04-28-2010, 01:01 PM
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks! I rather love the color too! That's why I ordered it! A friend of mine liked it so much that he copied me so now we're the Cobalt TWINS up here. One is atomic (mine) and the other is nuklear.

Can you send me a PM with your number. I'll pass it on to the dealership/shop that I end up going to. They might want to talk to you further about what you guys had to do to make it work.

Last edited by atomic80; 04-28-2010 at 01:03 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:37 PM
acf
Teamspeed Junior Member
acf is on a distinguished roadacf is on a distinguished roadacf is on a distinguished roadacf is on a distinguished roadacf is on a distinguished road
Has anyone considered what it takes to upgrade the headlights? I think the new dynamic cornering lamps are a nice visual upgrade as well. A lot more detail, dual lights and a lot less chrome.

Old 04-28-2010, 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by acf
Has anyone considered what it takes to upgrade the headlights? I think the new dynamic cornering lamps are a nice visual upgrade as well. A lot more detail, dual lights and a lot less chrome.
I thought about those but I don't really like the way it looks despite it's increased functionality.

Old 04-28-2010, 03:12 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
JT, ad the new LED's, rear bumper and lower front lip aero spoiler perhaps as a mild refresh?

Old 04-28-2010, 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by DJ
JT, ad the new LED's, rear bumper and lower front lip aero spoiler perhaps as a mild refresh?
I don't really like the front lip. It'd scrape all the time. I love the rear LED taillights though! Working on getting them!

Old 04-28-2010, 05:07 PM
acf
Teamspeed Junior Member
acf is on a distinguished roadacf is on a distinguished roadacf is on a distinguished roadacf is on a distinguished roadacf is on a distinguished road
Really? Functionality aside, imo the new lights really freshen up the front.
Looks as always are subjective though!

Originally Posted by atomic80
I thought about those but I don't really like the way it looks despite it's increased functionality.

Old 09-04-2010, 12:06 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
comm is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for your great work. Where can ich find the pins 42 and 31 in the rear control unit? There are 4 (1front 3back) connectors, but none of these got 42 pins. Thanks in advance for your reply.

Old 08-01-2011, 11:31 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Moose is on a distinguished roadMoose is on a distinguished roadMoose is on a distinguished road
Has anyone tried the same operation on a Boxster?

Quick Reply: Offering help for 997.2 LED swap