Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Champion Motorsport 997.2TT "War Admiral" TESTED WITH RESULTS

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 06:25 PM
Teamspeed Pro
allanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Louis@ChampionMotorsport
There are a lot of factors to consider. This is a very different powertrain than the 997.1 to begin with. The 997.2TT CMS kit is designed to produce 600WHP, of which we are only using 545WHP to produce these times. It makes sense that with 55 additional WHP the times will drop even lower. We are working on the PDK upgrade currently.

I think the real thing to consider here though is that our testing was done independantly by a non biased journalist (you will see the articles soon), tests were not conducted on a prepared dragstrip, and they were easily repeated 3 to 4 times producing overlapping results. Basically anyone can hop in this car, hold the brake with your left foot, put the throttle down with your right foot, and when you snap off of the brake you are on your way to a 0 - 60 in 2.6sec everytime..

Thank you for the interest in our products..
I certainly understand that, however is it not also true that people have been conservative on the hp levels attained on the Tiptronic cars? I was also reading a thread somewhere that people are working on upgrades for the Tips to hold more power.

As for my acceleration data, the best I have is from Accichelli who himself vboxed and ran his own car on a 1/4 mile track.. I also think that on a prepped track your car would run slightly slower than Vbox, as the 1/4 avgs speed over the last 60ft I believe.

By all means dont take this as a dig against you as I have first hand seen the quality of your carbon work on a 997TT. I absolutley loved it, and the product was perfect. Just questions as I plan on purchasing a 997TT of some sort (possibly a Panamera Turbo) to compliment my GTT.

It for me just becomes a question of dollars, do you buy a somewhat depreciated first gen and accomplish almost the same performance as you would with a PDK.

Btw, will always have a love for Champion Porsche.. Worked there approx 23yrs ago in the parts department! God im old!

Old 04-20-2010, 04:55 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Vids please