Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Champion Motorsport 997.2TT "War Admiral" TESTED WITH RESULTS

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 03:00 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
this is hands down my fav 997.2 TT so far, loving everything about it!

Old 04-17-2010, 03:47 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TB993tt
So 60-100mph through the PDK is 3.5s ?

Is this much faster than standard, it doesn't seem that fast, the old manual 480PS car did 100-160kph in 2.9s ?
That can't be right. Stock 997mkII Turbo w/ PDK does the 60 in 3.2 seconds according to Porsche. Yet, autobild or whoever got 2.9.

I'm sure this car is even faster.

Old 04-17-2010, 05:00 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
bbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TB993tt
So 60-100mph through the PDK is 3.5s ?

Is this much faster than standard, it doesn't seem that fast, the old manual 480PS car did 100-160kph in 2.9s ?
Toby, I believe your data is incorrect.

The "old" 997TT (heh, it's "old"now...) was tested with a 0-100 km/h in 3.5 and 0-160 km/h in 7.8. So 60-100 mph in ~4.4/4.5 seconds.

SportAuto's SuperTest ran the 997TT at 0-100 km/h in 3.8 and 0-160 km/h 8.3...that gives a 60-100 mph in ~4.8 to 5 seconds.

- bob

Last edited by bbywu; 04-17-2010 at 05:08 PM.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:14 AM
Teamspeed Member
turbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to all
Great work. Love it.

Old 04-18-2010, 10:20 AM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
Wow this is so sick and that engine bay looks awesome with the werks1 gear in there...

Old 04-18-2010, 09:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Blue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond repute
I would have loved to take some photos of that car...Looks amazing!

Those wheels are some of the nicest I've ever seen!

Old 04-18-2010, 10:07 PM
Teamspeed Pro
allanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond repute
correct me if Im wrong, but it seems that although the PDk is faster stock for stock against the 997TT.1, both are very similar in performance with similar mods. I know that Evoms has run 10.8 in a first gen with out even touching the turbos, and Switzer cars Ive seen going 10.3 to 10.6. Am I correct or am I missing something?

Old 04-19-2010, 03:53 PM
Former Sponsor
Louis@ChampionMotorsport has much to be proud ofLouis@ChampionMotorsport has much to be proud ofLouis@ChampionMotorsport has much to be proud ofLouis@ChampionMotorsport has much to be proud ofLouis@ChampionMotorsport has much to be proud ofLouis@ChampionMotorsport has much to be proud ofLouis@ChampionMotorsport has much to be proud ofLouis@ChampionMotorsport has much to be proud ofLouis@ChampionMotorsport has much to be proud ofLouis@ChampionMotorsport has much to be proud ofLouis@ChampionMotorsport has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by allanlambo
correct me if Im wrong, but it seems that although the PDk is faster stock for stock against the 997TT.1, both are very similar in performance with similar mods. I know that Evoms has run 10.8 in a first gen with out even touching the turbos, and Switzer cars Ive seen going 10.3 to 10.6. Am I correct or am I missing something?
There are a lot of factors to consider. This is a very different powertrain than the 997.1 to begin with. The 997.2TT CMS kit is designed to produce 600WHP, of which we are only using 545WHP to produce these times. It makes sense that with 55 additional WHP the times will drop even lower. We are working on the PDK upgrade currently.

I think the real thing to consider here though is that our testing was done independantly by a non biased journalist (you will see the articles soon), tests were not conducted on a prepared dragstrip, and they were easily repeated 3 to 4 times producing overlapping results. Basically anyone can hop in this car, hold the brake with your left foot, put the throttle down with your right foot, and when you snap off of the brake you are on your way to a 0 - 60 in 2.6sec everytime..

Thank you for the interest in our products..

Old 04-19-2010, 03:54 PM
Former Sponsor
Louis@ChampionMotorsport has much to be proud ofLouis@ChampionMotorsport has much to be proud ofLouis@ChampionMotorsport has much to be proud ofLouis@ChampionMotorsport has much to be proud ofLouis@ChampionMotorsport has much to be proud ofLouis@ChampionMotorsport has much to be proud ofLouis@ChampionMotorsport has much to be proud ofLouis@ChampionMotorsport has much to be proud ofLouis@ChampionMotorsport has much to be proud ofLouis@ChampionMotorsport has much to be proud ofLouis@ChampionMotorsport has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by TTM0TION
Wow this is so sick and that engine bay looks awesome with the werks1 gear in there...
Thank you for the kind words, the carbon guys love to hear your comments.

Old 04-19-2010, 05:30 PM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
Nuff Said

Quick Reply: Champion Motorsport 997.2TT "War Admiral" TESTED WITH RESULTS