Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Launch Control First time

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 11:58 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
997CarreraS is a splendid one to behold997CarreraS is a splendid one to behold997CarreraS is a splendid one to behold997CarreraS is a splendid one to behold997CarreraS is a splendid one to behold997CarreraS is a splendid one to behold997CarreraS is a splendid one to behold997CarreraS is a splendid one to behold997CarreraS is a splendid one to behold997CarreraS is a splendid one to behold997CarreraS is a splendid one to behold
Talking Launch Control First time

I used Launch control for the first time tonight. A little Easter speed run so to speak. But I was a bit surprised how it launched. I had assumed that the second that I took my foot of the brake it would launch. But it did not. It seems like I waited forever, ½ a second to a Second. Seemed like the PDK “clutch” was slipping and then just grabbed and Tires screeched and shot like a bat out of hell. Is that the same experience you guys have had? I had not expected a delay.

Old 04-05-2010, 12:00 AM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
I like my warranty too much to try it...

Old 04-05-2010, 12:02 AM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
I'm a lowly peasant and my car doesn't have launch control.

Old 04-05-2010, 12:03 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
myTT is a splendid one to beholdmyTT is a splendid one to beholdmyTT is a splendid one to beholdmyTT is a splendid one to beholdmyTT is a splendid one to beholdmyTT is a splendid one to beholdmyTT is a splendid one to beholdmyTT is a splendid one to beholdmyTT is a splendid one to beholdmyTT is a splendid one to beholdmyTT is a splendid one to behold
I don't have launch control

Old 04-05-2010, 12:11 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
My Launch Control . . .

Old 04-05-2010, 12:13 AM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
I can tell you the 997.2 launches very hard even without LC. It was one of the reasons I was convinced I didn't need a Turbo. The kickdown is amazing once you're going as well...

Old 04-05-2010, 01:13 AM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
Rich, we were to meet yesterday. I was hoping to try launch control with you. One day, we'll have to give it another shot. BTW, I also have launch control in my Audi A3 and it doesn't exactly happen the way you described it. Basically, in the A3, I disable the traction control, hold the brake in, step on the gas and it automatically holds the engine rpm at a preset speed before I release the brakes and away I go! Works really well.

Old 04-05-2010, 01:53 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
997CarreraS is a splendid one to behold997CarreraS is a splendid one to behold997CarreraS is a splendid one to behold997CarreraS is a splendid one to behold997CarreraS is a splendid one to behold997CarreraS is a splendid one to behold997CarreraS is a splendid one to behold997CarreraS is a splendid one to behold997CarreraS is a splendid one to behold997CarreraS is a splendid one to behold997CarreraS is a splendid one to behold
Ya, sorry you coudn't make it. Brendon and I got together for coffee at Starbucks and chatted. Lets find another time.

Old 04-05-2010, 07:40 AM
Teamspeed Member
gerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to all
Originally Posted by 997CarreraS
I used Launch control for the first time tonight. A little Easter speed run so to speak. But I was a bit surprised how it launched. I had assumed that the second that I took my foot of the brake it would launch. But it did not. It seems like I waited forever, ½ a second to a Second. Seemed like the PDK “clutch” was slipping and then just grabbed and Tires screeched and shot like a bat out of hell. Is that the same experience you guys have had? I had not expected a delay.
I was lucky enough to test drive a 997.2 TT recently and the salesman encouraged me to try lauch control. As soon as I took my left foot off the brake it took off like a rocket. Definitely no delay.

Old 04-07-2010, 11:32 AM
Teamspeed's Florida Ambassador
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
Just hold the clutch in till you get to 3000 and then drop it.