Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

What front lip is this?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 10:19 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
I know Barrister...my hongu mal is very basic and writing even worse...I rely on my friends and family that speak and write fluently when needed.

Old 03-16-2010, 10:26 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
It is, my mom makes the best! So now back on topic..I guess I would probably get a factory aero lip or just paint the stocker...I cant see paying 2k for a lip that will get rashed the first day out

Old 03-16-2010, 10:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
I have had my 997TT for over 2 years and have gone through 3 unpainted stock front lips. Good thing they are cheap and the install is DIY.

They always get nicked up. I couldn't deal with an expensive one.

Last edited by Barrister; 03-16-2010 at 10:45 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:42 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
I hear...and will probably keep the stock as is and flip them as they need it

Old 03-16-2010, 10:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by evoviiiyou
I hear...and will probably keep the stock as is and flip them as they need it
A nice trick with the stock, unpainted lip is to use a medium grit sand paper to touch up places where you scrape the bottom.

Works like a charm and you can't tell anything has been done.

Old 03-16-2010, 10:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
I have a brand new stock lip I bought from Suncoast. Gonna put it on one of these days to replace the scratched up one I have now.
If I knew about them before, I would have bought the factory aero lip spoiler. More aggressive, still relatively inexpensive, supposedly the same clearance as the regular one (i.e. not lower like many of the aftermarket offerings).

Old 03-16-2010, 10:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by bonehead
I have a brand new stock lip I bought from Suncoast. Gonna put it on one of these days to replace the scratched up one I have now.
If I knew about them before, I would have bought the factory aero lip spoiler. More aggressive, still relatively inexpensive, supposedly the same clearance as the regular one (i.e. not lower like many of the aftermarket offerings).
You guys probably already know this, but if you engage Sport Mode the car rarely rubs.

Old 03-16-2010, 10:56 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by Barrister
A nice trick with the stock, unpainted lip is to use a medium grit sand paper to touch up places where you scrape the bottom.

Works like a charm and you can't tell anything has been done.
This is very helpful and I will have to get some medium grit!

Originally Posted by bonehead
Yeah thats why I have always like the factory aero lip!

You guys probably already know this, but if you engage Sport Mode the car rarely rubs.
I did not know this. Thank you. Does this still apply if Im running KWV coilovers?

Old 03-16-2010, 10:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by evoviiiyou
I did not know this. Thank you. Does this still apply if Im running KWV coilovers?
Do the KVW's still allow you to control the stiffness with the factory Sport button?

I seem to remember that they do.

If so, then yes. It stiffens stuff up just enough to eliminate scraping on my driveways.

Old 03-16-2010, 11:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Do the KVW's still allow you to control the stiffness with the factory Sport button?

I seem to remember that they do.

If so, then yes. It stiffens stuff up just enough to eliminate scraping on my driveways.
They do not. Only Bilstein's and rebranded Bilstein's (TPC, Techart). PASM is overrated though. If I did it again, I'd go KW.

Quick Reply: What front lip is this?