Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

matte or shiny black

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 10:07 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
myTT is a splendid one to beholdmyTT is a splendid one to beholdmyTT is a splendid one to beholdmyTT is a splendid one to beholdmyTT is a splendid one to beholdmyTT is a splendid one to beholdmyTT is a splendid one to beholdmyTT is a splendid one to beholdmyTT is a splendid one to beholdmyTT is a splendid one to beholdmyTT is a splendid one to behold
matte or shiny black

Hey everyone, I am going to get my wheels painted in two weeks, and would like to know if I should get them matte or shiny black. I have heard good things about the outcomes of both, but I want to know your opinion. I have a basalt black turbo.
Thanks
-George

Old 02-26-2010, 10:09 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
I'd leave the outer spokes silver and paint the inside parts (between the spokes and on the rim) the same color as your car (gloss).

Matte wheels the same color as a glossy car look dumb.

Old 02-26-2010, 10:47 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
aznevoviii is an unknown quantity at this point
^^ hey chris btw did you have lancer evo before???
the username caught my eye from long time ago... if not sry I will see you tomorrow at IMA!

Old 02-26-2010, 10:59 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
sparkhill is just really nicesparkhill is just really nicesparkhill is just really nicesparkhill is just really nicesparkhill is just really nicesparkhill is just really nicesparkhill is just really nicesparkhill is just really nicesparkhill is just really nicesparkhill is just really nicesparkhill is just really nice
I have both: satin for the winter and gloss for the summer. It is really just a personal preference as both look equally good. Maybe gloss would look a little better with a black car. You might also consider a dark gray like the British Black TT Gasman has on his car.

Old 02-26-2010, 11:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Here are my textured (matte) black HREs.

Old 02-26-2010, 11:28 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond repute
gloss for a black car i think matte looks better on dark grey/charcoal cars

Old 02-27-2010, 12:12 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
myTT is a splendid one to beholdmyTT is a splendid one to beholdmyTT is a splendid one to beholdmyTT is a splendid one to beholdmyTT is a splendid one to beholdmyTT is a splendid one to beholdmyTT is a splendid one to beholdmyTT is a splendid one to beholdmyTT is a splendid one to beholdmyTT is a splendid one to beholdmyTT is a splendid one to behold
Thanks, I thought that shiny looked better on a shiny black car.

Old 02-27-2010, 12:46 AM
Teamspeed Pro
wyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond repute
I think on a black car, the wheels should match (gloss). On a different colored car, I'd consider matte.

Old 02-27-2010, 01:07 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
I have a Basalt and am going with the Tech 1 mesh wheels in satin black that I got from Switzer. I think on Basalt that gloss black looks like it was a bad color match job...and satin looks just right. Here is a pic of my ride with the satin black P40's and a pic of my new wheels.

Attached Images  

Last edited by evoviiiyou; 06-14-2010 at 09:51 PM.
Old 02-27-2010, 01:30 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Neijia has a reputation beyond reputeNeijia has a reputation beyond reputeNeijia has a reputation beyond reputeNeijia has a reputation beyond reputeNeijia has a reputation beyond reputeNeijia has a reputation beyond reputeNeijia has a reputation beyond reputeNeijia has a reputation beyond reputeNeijia has a reputation beyond reputeNeijia has a reputation beyond reputeNeijia has a reputation beyond repute
One is just more menacing than the other...

Quick Reply: matte or shiny black