Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Canceled my 997.2 Turbo order. Got a Scud.

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010 | 11:39 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
icruze has a reputation beyond reputeicruze has a reputation beyond reputeicruze has a reputation beyond reputeicruze has a reputation beyond reputeicruze has a reputation beyond reputeicruze has a reputation beyond reputeicruze has a reputation beyond reputeicruze has a reputation beyond reputeicruze has a reputation beyond reputeicruze has a reputation beyond reputeicruze has a reputation beyond repute
That is a great purchase. I've been on the track in an identical car and it was awesome. I own a Porsche, but the Scuderia is currently my favorite car. The white scud is not as unique in these parts as it is yours. There were three used ones on sale recently here in the Chicago area. Much better choice than the Maserati.

Old 02-15-2010 | 12:33 AM
|
Teamspeed Member
turbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Barrister
Congrats on the new Ferrari.

You still made a pretty big price jump from the 997.2 to the Scud.

What was it? Around $50K?

I think it is worth every penny. But they are not exactly "apples to apples" cars - if you know what I mean.
Barrister,
You are absolutely right. What I wanted out of a weekend car is a raw machine, and the Scuderia fits that perfectly. I guess it took me some time in a 911 Turbo to figure that out. I love both cars. It just depends on what the buyer is looking for.

Old 02-15-2010 | 12:53 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
dk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond repute
nice car! i am going to stick with my 997.2 as i pick it up this week.

Old 02-15-2010 | 01:24 AM
Teamspeed Pro
B4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats on the purchase. I think you made the right choice. Enjoy it in the best of health

Old 02-15-2010 | 01:37 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by turbotronic
I live in the Bay Area and in the Middle East. This car will be purchased in the latter region.
At the risk of sounding like a smart ass I figured out where live in the middle east.
Congrats on the Scud its absolutely breathtaking in white and enjoy it in the best of health.... Welcome to Teamspeed

Old 02-15-2010 | 04:30 AM
|
Teamspeed Member
turbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to all
Originally Posted by like.no.other
At the risk of sounding like a smart ass I figured out where live in the middle east.
Congrats on the Scud its absolutely breathtaking in white and enjoy it in the best of health.... Welcome to Teamspeed
lol. Smart ass.

Old 02-15-2010 | 08:36 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Stunning car! Congrats and enjoy driving it in the best of health.

Old 02-15-2010 | 10:26 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
JohnUSA will become famous soon enoughJohnUSA will become famous soon enoughJohnUSA will become famous soon enoughJohnUSA will become famous soon enoughJohnUSA will become famous soon enoughJohnUSA will become famous soon enoughJohnUSA will become famous soon enoughJohnUSA will become famous soon enoughJohnUSA will become famous soon enough
Very nice. As for the 'weekend car' vs 'daily driver'. My first Porsche was my daily driver since I didn't have the space or budget to have a 2nd car.
There is a guy in town here that uses his Lambo as his daily driver. I wouldn't but then again, why not...