Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Possible to order Ceramics with red calipers?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 05:55 PM
Teamspeed Member
turbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to all
Possible to order Ceramics with red calipers?

I was wondering if this can be done as a special order option from Porsche? If not, any other options out there?

Old 01-09-2010, 06:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Superfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond repute
I suppose, in the same vein as guys painting their big reds in yellow, you could paint your Yellow Calipers in Red. Contact Shadowman who is on this forum. He'll be able to help you out.

Cheers

Old 01-09-2010, 06:47 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Seen it done on the CGT, might want to inquire.

Old 01-09-2010, 08:37 PM
Teamspeed Member
Shadowman is a splendid one to beholdShadowman is a splendid one to beholdShadowman is a splendid one to beholdShadowman is a splendid one to beholdShadowman is a splendid one to beholdShadowman is a splendid one to beholdShadowman is a splendid one to beholdShadowman is a splendid one to beholdShadowman is a splendid one to beholdShadowman is a splendid one to beholdShadowman is a splendid one to behold
Yes; as a new gal optional colors are allowed at of course a price.

Porsche has remained very good about building special order gals to the buyers wishes/dream

Takes care

Shadowman

Old 01-10-2010, 09:23 AM
Teamspeed Member
turbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to all
Thanks for the responses. The dealership will be able to do that for an extra fee, so the cost of my Turbo just went up . Not getting Ceramics was bugging me this whole time, but I'm glad that there was finally a solution found to my dilemma.

Last edited by turbotronic; 01-10-2010 at 02:23 PM.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:48 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond repute
When I ordered My 2010 RS I requested my ceramics calipers be painted Red... the dealership put in the request and I was never told of an additional charge, but then again lets see if it actually happens.

Old 01-10-2010, 03:41 PM
Teamspeed Member
Shadowman is a splendid one to beholdShadowman is a splendid one to beholdShadowman is a splendid one to beholdShadowman is a splendid one to beholdShadowman is a splendid one to beholdShadowman is a splendid one to beholdShadowman is a splendid one to beholdShadowman is a splendid one to beholdShadowman is a splendid one to beholdShadowman is a splendid one to beholdShadowman is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by turbotronic
Thanks for the responses. The dealership will be able to do that for an extra fee, so the cost of my Turbo just went up . Not getting Ceramics was bugging me this whole time, but I'm glad that there was finally a solution found to my dilemma.

You are welcome

All the best with your new gal

Shadowman

Old 11-10-2020, 10:25 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
CraigST is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Superfly
I suppose, in the same vein as guys painting their big reds in yellow, you could paint your Yellow Calipers in Red. Contact Shadowman who is on this forum. He'll be able to help you out.

Cheers
Buy the car with Red calipers then fit Surface Transforms carbon ceramics. They are a more durable disc than the OE PCCBs.

Old 11-10-2020, 12:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Superfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Originally Posted by CraigST
Buy the car with Red calipers then fit Surface Transforms carbon ceramics. They are a more durable disc than the OE PCCBs.
Wow, blast from the past. I wonder if the OP even still has the car ten (almost 11) years after his post.