Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

2010 Turbo - color question & Turbo vs. Turbo S

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 11:13 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
wyk1982 will become famous soon enoughwyk1982 will become famous soon enoughwyk1982 will become famous soon enoughwyk1982 will become famous soon enoughwyk1982 will become famous soon enoughwyk1982 will become famous soon enoughwyk1982 will become famous soon enoughwyk1982 will become famous soon enoughwyk1982 will become famous soon enoughwyk1982 will become famous soon enough
2010 Turbo - color question & Turbo vs. Turbo S

hey guys, new here to the forum... fell in love with the new turbo so much that i'm going to be trading in my beloved 2009 R8 for one hopefully this spring... dont know much about color schemes but eager to learn...

first, why is a color like gt silver and atlas grey an extra 3K? what makes it special? is there a big difference btwn it ice and gt silver or atlas and meteor grey? i'm trying to decide btwn ice silver, meteor gray (both no charge) and the atlas grey or gt silver... any photo representations of the 2 special colors would be EXTREMELY helpful...

i'm really looking for a silver but in many pics ive seen the ICE seems ordinary... atlas seems pretty dark and not much silver in it, meteor seems like a dark grey with not much shine... GT seems the nicer of the bunch IMO but ive never seen in person (just the porsche configurator). When i had my BMW M6 i got it in a color called SILVERSTONE II which was a medium light silver with a very very light blue tint in certain lights and i loved it... anything close here?

also i'm kind of in a pickle right now because i have a deposit on an early build turbo S coupe but dont necessarily want to shell out an additional 20-30K for ceramics etc and can grab a regular Turbo March allocation that is currently in Porsche's system and can be customized still (at any point the status can change and wont be customizable anymore and then i'd be "stuck" with the Turbo S)..

please help!

thank you!

Last edited by wyk1982; 01-05-2010 at 11:35 AM.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:31 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
GT Silver is the silver shown on on the Carrera GT and it is quite stunning in person but worth 3k, that's up 2 you though!

Meteor is much dakrer then gt silver and always a fan favorite.

Here is GT silver on a 2010 GT3:

Here is Meteor as well:

Atlas is simply stunning and if you search the forums you'll find all these combo's

Old 01-05-2010, 11:37 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
wyk1982 will become famous soon enoughwyk1982 will become famous soon enoughwyk1982 will become famous soon enoughwyk1982 will become famous soon enoughwyk1982 will become famous soon enoughwyk1982 will become famous soon enoughwyk1982 will become famous soon enoughwyk1982 will become famous soon enoughwyk1982 will become famous soon enoughwyk1982 will become famous soon enough
thank you i did the search on the atlas and it seems more like a black/navy color combo... is my assumption correct or do the pictures not do it justice?
thanks again!

Old 01-05-2010, 11:42 AM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by wyk1982
hey guys, new here to the forum... fell in love with the new turbo so much that i'm going to be trading in my beloved 2009 R8 for one hopefully this spring... dont know much about color schemes but eager to learn...

first, why is a color like gt silver and atlas grey an extra 3K? what makes it special? is there a big difference btwn it ice and gt silver or atlas and meteor grey? i'm trying to decide btwn ice silver, meteor gray (both no charge) and the atlas grey or gt silver... any photo representations of the 2 special colors would be EXTREMELY helpful...

i'm really looking for a silver but in many pics ive seen the ICE seems ordinary... atlas seems pretty dark and not much silver in it, meteor seems like a dark grey with not much shine... GT seems the nicer of the bunch IMO but ive never seen in person (just the porsche configurator). When i had my BMW M6 i got it in a color called SILVERSTONE II which was a medium light silver with a very very light blue tint in certain lights and i loved it... anything close here?

also i'm kind of in a pickle right now because i have a deposit on an early build turbo S coupe but dont necessarily want to shell out an additional 20-30K for ceramics etc and can grab a regular Turbo March allocation that is currently in Porsche's system and can be customized still (at any point the status can change and wont be customizable anymore and then i'd be "stuck" with the Turbo S)..

please help!

thank you!
Turbo S comes with PDK, Sport Chrono + Torque Vectoring standard+ceramics. The Base coupe is around 132 the base S will be 155 or so a base S is a better deal overall just like in the last 996TTS.

Old 01-05-2010, 01:44 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Schwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond repute
Atlas grey IMHO is Porsche's BEST stock color today. It is a darker grey metallic with a blue hue in certain angles in the sun. It looks equally great with the sand beige or carrera red interior.

Old 01-05-2010, 01:50 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Randy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond repute
Atlas has to be seen in person to be understood. It is so dynamic and rich. One of my favorite P-car colors for sure. But GT Silver and Meteor are also great!

Old 01-05-2010, 02:00 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Randy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by wyk1982
thank you i did the search on the atlas and it seems more like a black/navy color combo... is my assumption correct or do the pictures not do it justice?
thanks again!
Check out this site: http://www.europeanspeed.com/index.htm

Specifically the 'exterior color gallery'. It has great side-by-side comparisons...