Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Chose an '10 Turbo over a DBS

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2009 | 02:41 PM
|
Teamspeed Member
turbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to all
Chose an '10 Turbo over a DBS

I've always wanted to order a car to my spec and finally have the chance to do so. I have been in the market now for a replacement to my 08 Turbo and practicality and reliability have always been a priority.

I test drove a gorgeous Aston Martin DBS today, and although it is a work of art, the car didn't do much for me. Yes the interior was beautifully crafted, yet the car with only 3000 km on it had so many creaks and rattles coming from the dashboard it was a major turn off.

The sound is intoxicating, yes, but I feel that the Turbo has spoiled me with it's neck breaking acceleration, top end speed, practicality, and I'm in love with the quality and functionality of the Porsche interior. I drove the GT3 but the suspension was too stiff for our streets, although I almost pulled the trigger on a fully optioned white one that they had on the showroom floor.

In the end I just handed in my deposit and placed an order for a 2010 911 Turbo.

Options are:
Black Interior
Black Exterior
Black 19" RS Spyder center lock wheels
Painted Turbo insignia
Ceramic brakes with red calipers
3 spoke steering wheel with shift paddles
Red seat belts
Full red deviating stitching (doors, dash, seats, PCM, etc)
Black door opener
Sports Chrono Package
Sport bucket seats
PDK
PTV
Parkassist
Full alcantara individual interior (door handles, side pockets, and door console)
Alcantara Armrest
Alcantara handle brake and PDK gear
Alcantara Trim Strip
Carbon illuminated door sills
Carbon B-pillar seat belt outlet
Leather interior dome light
Leather defroster trim
Air vents in leather
Instrument surround in leather
PCM in Leather
Red Sports Chrono Dial
Red Instrument Dials
Aluminum footrest
Preparation for mobile phone

The car will arrive in May. I think I will fall in love with this car and am just so damn happy to get the car the way I always wanted.

Last edited by turbotronic; 01-10-2010 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Added options
Old 12-27-2009 | 03:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
I wouldn't take a DBS my daily driver either. Turbo wins for that hands down. It's one of those cars you buy when you already have a Turbo IMO. All Aston Martins have their creaks here and there, just one of those things that go with being hand built (same goes for Lambo and Ferrari).

Congratulations on your new Turbo though, nice specifications

Old 12-27-2009 | 03:06 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats.

Old 12-27-2009 | 03:14 PM
|
Teamspeed Member
turbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to all
The Turbo won't be my DD. I have a Jeep SRT8 for that.

Old 12-27-2009 | 03:25 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
dk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond repute
good choice. i think you will love it.

Old 12-27-2009 | 04:06 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
I didn't know you could get Black center locks from the factory? Sounds very cool!

Old 12-27-2009 | 04:11 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
It's gonna look great!

Old 12-27-2009 | 04:26 PM
Teamspeed Member
mkline74 is just really nicemkline74 is just really nicemkline74 is just really nicemkline74 is just really nicemkline74 is just really nicemkline74 is just really nicemkline74 is just really nicemkline74 is just really nicemkline74 is just really nicemkline74 is just really nicemkline74 is just really nice
Turbo PDK sounds like the ultimate daily drive to me and a lot less money then the DBS.

Old 12-27-2009 | 04:33 PM
|
Teamspeed Member
I couldn't justify the price difference myself. I'm 28 so other things such as a building a house are more important at the moment.

Old 12-27-2009 | 04:33 PM
Board Certified Car Fanatic
RufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond repute
You chose a sick sick car man, congrats ! The performance on the '10 pdk turbo is nuts, just crazy numbers. As a bonus, you get to spec it out yourself and in a couple of years pick up a DBS for much less if you still hanker for it....nice moves !!!

Quick Reply: Chose an '10 Turbo over a DBS