Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Auto Zeitung; R8 V10 vs. GT-R vs. 997.2 Turbo vs. V12 Vantage vs. XKR

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 11:14 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
I'll take this any day over "Nissan"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHAkQ1s129w

Old 11-28-2009, 11:59 AM
Teamspeed Member
Diogo has a brilliant futureDiogo has a brilliant futureDiogo has a brilliant futureDiogo has a brilliant futureDiogo has a brilliant futureDiogo has a brilliant futureDiogo has a brilliant futureDiogo has a brilliant futureDiogo has a brilliant futureDiogo has a brilliant futureDiogo has a brilliant future
Not considering the price, the porsche is one the lead:
GT-R-2580

Turbo-2630

and porsche receive 0 por luggage space and gt-r 16...oh camon..
is that so important?

porsche all the way

Last edited by Diogo; 11-28-2009 at 12:03 PM.
Old 11-28-2009, 12:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Glenn Mc
Sorry buddy but you are wrong.

Put the same sticky Dunlop Tyres on the Turbo instead of the Bridgstones, and
the the GTR wouldn't see what way the Turbo went !!!

Tyres make a huge difference.
I wouldn't say I'm wrong since all I did was stating the facts in the test.
What you are saying is nothing but speculation untill you can prove it, no matter how much you believe in it. I'm not saying I don't believe it but since there is no test with the TT on Dunlop we don't know 100%.

Old 11-28-2009, 06:34 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
ucla95 is on a distinguished roaducla95 is on a distinguished roaducla95 is on a distinguished roaducla95 is on a distinguished roaducla95 is on a distinguished roaducla95 is on a distinguished road
I have a GT-R so I'm biased, but if you look at the details - the GT-R only won when considering price. 2010 911 Turbo is probably a better car imho (although I haven't driven one admittedly).

Old 11-29-2009, 10:21 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Laurent T is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Diogo
Not considering the price, the porsche is one the lead:
GT-R-2580

Turbo-2630

and porsche receive 0 por luggage space and gt-r 16...oh camon..
is that so important?

porsche all the way
Well, I you look at the details, I wouldn't say the Porsche wins so easily when cost is removed from the equation. If cost is not important to you, maybe some other items won't be important to others: for instance fuel consumption (the 50 points gap are almost all there) - if you remove it, only 4 points separate two cars and I wouldn't call it a win. If you remove luggage space, then maybe somebody else will remove I don't know what which disadvantages the GTR. Nobody can be happy with the rankings of such comparisons, because everybody will put more focus on different items.

Body
Nissan wins versus Porsche (505 vs 496) but gets the lowest quality rating of all cars. Score 19 vs 0 on boot, but Porsche outscores it 40 to 30 on visibility.

Comfort
Porsche wins, not a surprise (623 vs 607). However, they are almost tied for suspensions (103 for Turbo, 100 for GT-R) and the biggest weakness of the GTR is the noise.

Engine/Transmission
The Porsche is the clear winner in this category... thanks to the fuel consumption ! 144 compared to 98 for the GT-R or even 83 for the Audi. On all the other categories, GT-R and 911 are almost tied.

Handling
GT-R wins... maybe thanks to tires.

I think Auto Zeitung has made here a fair and interesting comparison test. Everbody can pick its own winner based on its own criteria, but the GT-R remains a very attractive proposal despite the facelift of the Turbo.

Old 11-29-2009, 11:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
wyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond repute
Porsche has a superior interior, build quality, and a warranty that actually covers the cars abilities. GTR is a fine car but I wouldn't say it's superior. ZR1 is superior in performance and also costs less. Doesn't mean it's a better car.

Old 11-30-2009, 01:26 AM
Teamspeed Pro
B4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond repute
I'll take the R8 V10 thanks.

Old 11-30-2009, 11:14 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Schwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ludas
Nice to see that even in a german magazine the new Turbo wasn't able to beat the Nissan GT-R which has been on the market for quite a while now. Apart from the acceleration the TT has nothing on the GT-R, even on the handling course. Porsche still struggling to beat the japanese, even with cars that cost pretty much the double.
Well if you look at the test the GTR won by only 16 points over the tt. But it beats the tt by a whopping 66 points in cost/maintenance alone which means it pretty much is pawned in all other categories.

The tt is faster in acceleration to any speeds and has a higher top speed. Enough said.

Old 12-03-2009, 12:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Sideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Glenn Mc
Sorry buddy but you are wrong.

Put the same sticky Dunlop Tyres on the Turbo instead of the Bridgstones, and
the the GTR wouldn't see what way the Turbo went !!!

Tyres make a huge difference.
It`s faster even with less stickier tires then GT-R. here are hockenheim ring times from the latest Auto motor sport.

Hockenheimring:

1. 1.11,5 min - Turbo PDK

2. 1.12,0 min - GT-R
3. 1.12,3 min - R8 V10

Last edited by Sideways_swe; 12-03-2009 at 12:28 PM.
Old 12-03-2009, 02:01 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
Autobild Sportscars had the GT-R for a winner

Vergleich Porsche 911 Turbo/Nissan GT-R - 911 Turbo macht Druck auf Nissan GT-R - Sportscars - autobild.de

it was 0,6 sec faster than the TT at "Groß Dölln" Driving Center Gross Dölln GmbH - Die grösste Fahrtrainingsanlage in Europa
don`t know anything about this track though