Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

1 mile run: Switzer SPI 750 vs Heffner FORD 1100

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 01:25 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by joetwint
The Ford GT was way down on power and not representative of a Ford GTTT.Had it been running all of its ponies this race would not have been as close

Read Post 60........

Runway event in Russia - will the GT TT be the fastest! - Page 6 - The Ford GT Forum
The "way down on power", is not entirely true. GTTT's on pump gas tunes let alone an MS109 tune make well over 800 rwhp from what I have seen on the boards (Heffner cars such as this have made 862rwhp on pump 93), so still a nice win from a SPI 750 TIPs. Agreed that a full out GTTT 1100 on race gas would have for sure ran this SPI car down in the mile but lets not take anything away from what this really was.

Last edited by evoviiiyou; 12-06-2009 at 01:44 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-06-2009, 06:34 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Alex_55 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_55 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_55 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_55 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_55 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_55 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_55 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_55 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_55 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_55 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_55 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GT RUS
Unfortunnately yes ((( RIP...

1 ìèëÿ - Ðåçóëüòàòû

oh my god, he died ?!?!?!?

i was thinking that the car was "dead" not the guy !!

RIP !!

Old 12-06-2009, 08:11 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by evoviiiyou
The "way down on power", is not entirely true. GTTT's on pump gas tunes let alone an MS109 tune make well over 800 rwhp from what I have seen on the boards (Heffner cars such as this have made 862rwhp on pump 93), so still a nice win from a SPI 750 TIPs. Agreed that a full out GTTT 1100 on race gas would have for sure ran this SPI car down in the mile but lets not take anything away from what this really was.
Any car that is -150 hp in my book is way down on power in my book.I agree the GT TT (even on pump)makes more power than the SPI car and it is evident in the video although IMO the OP should have included the facts about the state of the GT TT tune.

Old 12-06-2009, 10:51 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Any car that is -150 hp in my book is way down on power in my book.I agree the GT TT (even on pump)makes more power than the SPI car and it is evident in the video although IMO the OP should have included the facts about the state of the GT TT tune.
I agree on the power down and that all the facts are the best course of action when posting...but after reading your earlier post and link (from the Ford GT boards), its fair to say that even the owner of this GT TT did not even know that he was down on power until Heffner posted and called the owner to let him know that he also needed to raise the boost on the boost controller. So its safe to say that if the owner of the GT TT did not know, how could GTRus have known. I agree with everything you have said except the inference that GTRus was trying to hide facts of the state of the GT TT's state to make his win more prestigious.

Again, congrats GTRus. Nice win.

Old 12-06-2009, 01:53 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
So its safe to say that if the owner of the GT TT did not know, how could GTRus have known. I agree with everything you have said except the inference that GTRus was trying to hide facts of the state of the GT TT's state to make his win more prestigious.
Because i informed him of it here (posts 41 and 60) Lastest races of Switzer 997 TT SPI 750 !!! - Page 3 - 6speedonline.com Forums
nearly 5 months before the post on this forum .

Old 12-06-2009, 02:04 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Because i informed him of it here (posts 41 and 60) Lastest races of Switzer 997 TT SPI 750 !!! - Page 3 - 6speedonline.com Forums
nearly 5 months before the post on this forum .
I hear your point now. I was not aware of this time frame gap. So thanks for clearing that up.

With that said, its still a GTTT on pump (8xx whp) vs a SPI 750 Tips (7xx whp) in a mile and Pcar won here. I'm glad to see what a good launch can provide a driver (or a poor launch for the GT here) and how much power it does take to run down a car in a mile stretch....something alot of people (including myself) don't have personal experience with.

Old 12-07-2009, 03:59 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
The Ford GT was way down on power and not representative of a Ford GTTT.Had it been running all of its ponies this race would not have been as close

Read Post 60........

Runway event in Russia - will the GT TT be the fastest! - Page 6 - The Ford GT Forum

We arre talking aboiut diff runs and diff events here !!! Let not mix things here....

1st event in May 2009, he runned in pump mode or race gas... We won and lost....

In 2nd event in July 2009... They prepared GTTT and he runned on race mod, full boost and new exhaust system...and on this video there is a
2nd event filmed....in July !!! Diff race and diff time !!! ....At full POWER.... He didnt launched good and could miss a gear...

We won 2 twice and lost once...beat him in 1/2 final...

We wneger al runing into 27...in 1 mile...

3 event with new ECU we dipped in 26...runned 26.9 and best time of GTTT in race mode was 27.2

Last edited by GT RUS; 12-07-2009 at 04:13 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:16 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
I hear your point now. I was not aware of this time frame gap. So thanks for clearing that up.

With that said, its still a GTTT on pump (8xx whp) vs a SPI 750 Tips (7xx whp) in a mile and Pcar won here. I'm glad to see what a good launch can provide a driver (or a poor launch for the GT here) and how much power it does take to run down a car in a mile stretch....something alot of people (including myself) don't have personal experience with.

SPI 750 has 600ahwp+....you car will have 700 + )))

Ford GTTT at this video was on race gas and race mode....full 1100 HP set up....

Old 12-07-2009, 05:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
allanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GT RUS
SPI 750 has 600ahwp+....you car will have 700 + )))

Ford GTTT at this video was on race gas and race mode....full 1100 HP set up....
No offense... I love the Porsche.. I hate the Ford GT... but driven properly the Ford Gt would DESTROY the Switzer 750...

Old 12-09-2009, 03:13 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
I agree with you bur not off the line though...and depends on a launch..if he has a perfect LC then he catches up at the end on 1 mile run...and his trap speed is much higher....

Easy to say but hard oin real life... Especially to do with so much WHP on the road, car is uncontrolable most of the time...even with Hooslers...

Rolling start SPI 750 agaist GTTT doesnt stand a chance...