Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

2010 997 Turbo "S"

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 12:47 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DJ
GT2RS baby! Who mentioned this before? Ohh ya me! https://teamspeed.com/forums/gt/3122...0-bhp-pdk.html
Props to you you car whore!

Old 11-23-2009, 06:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
I would bet it would probably be at least $160 starting price. It will have PDK, PCCB, and sport chrono plus package, those alone would put a regular turbo above 150, add in the fact that it would have centerlocking wheels, which is a couple grand on the turbo. All I know is that this will be awesome. If some rate the new turbo with PDK and sport chrono with DEM at 0-60 in 3.0 I can only see that adding 35 hp will only make it that much faster. Can we say scuderia killer, with creature comforts?

Last edited by TeutonicCarFan; 11-23-2009 at 06:52 PM.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:54 AM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alex_997TurboRSC
Was told today by Porsche dealership that the Turbo S will be 550 BHP (which surprises me it's that high; I would predict 520-530 myself) and facelift GT2 project was paused due to money issues but is now running again with the aim of 570BHP and also a lightweight GT2RS to come.
Same information about Turbo S from some german P-dealers - about 550 hp, coupe only (at least for now), PDK only, estimated launch time June 2010. German dealers are very quiet about next generation GT2 and GT2 RS, saying that the sales of current GT2 are way below estimated.

Old 11-24-2009, 10:59 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
JZ997tt is on a distinguished roadJZ997tt is on a distinguished roadJZ997tt is on a distinguished roadJZ997tt is on a distinguished roadJZ997tt is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by D55L
Same information about Turbo S from some german P-dealers - about 550 hp, coupe only (at least for now), PDK only, estimated launch time June 2010. German dealers are very quiet about next generation GT2 and GT2 RS, saying that the sales of current GT2 are way below estimated.
The last GT2 was a joke in terms of sales. I would not be surprised if they just canned it. There are still new 2's on lots all across the country. I feel bad for the guys that paid premiums, not so bad for the dealers trying to get premiums and worse for the car. After driving one for 45 mins, I walked back into the dealer and plunked down my deposit and ordered an 09 Turbo.

With the Turbo S, the Gt2 has no position in the model line IMO.

Funny, all this talk about power, power, more power and I find most of these cars with the average owner have a hard time using 35% of what is available. If Porsche does continue making the Widow Maker, it should do something about the price. One would think a car without creature comforts would cost less not more

Old 11-24-2009, 11:53 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Over here with the econ recession, I saw GT2's for 150,000 usd with the clubsports package in Kuwait.

Old 11-24-2009, 12:32 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by JZ997tt
The last GT2 was a joke in terms of sales. I would not be surprised if they just canned it. There are still new 2's on lots all across the country. I feel bad for the guys that paid premiums, not so bad for the dealers trying to get premiums and worse for the car. After driving one for 45 mins, I walked back into the dealer and plunked down my deposit and ordered an 09 Turbo.

With the Turbo S, the Gt2 has no position in the model line IMO.

Funny, all this talk about power, power, more power and I find most of these cars with the average owner have a hard time using 35% of what is available. If Porsche does continue making the Widow Maker, it should do something about the price. One would think a car without creature comforts would cost less not more
62 GT2s sold in the UK before production finished, 28 '09 PCM3 and 32 '08 models.
The GT2 is a very special Porsche and should remain so. It has so many special parts compared to the turbo and is nothing like a turbo S.
IMO Porsche should increase the price of the GT2 to make it pay for the extra development costs, retain the Mezger engine and just sell fewer of them.
JZ, may I ask what you didn't like about the 7GT2 or rather what you prefer about the 997tt ?

Old 11-24-2009, 04:21 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
JZ997tt is on a distinguished roadJZ997tt is on a distinguished roadJZ997tt is on a distinguished roadJZ997tt is on a distinguished roadJZ997tt is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by TB993tt
62 GT2s sold in the UK before production finished, 28 '09 PCM3 and 32 '08 models.
The GT2 is a very special Porsche and should remain so. It has so many special parts compared to the turbo and is nothing like a turbo S.
IMO Porsche should increase the price of the GT2 to make it pay for the extra development costs, retain the Mezger engine and just sell fewer of them.
JZ, may I ask what you didn't like about the 7GT2 or rather what you prefer about the 997tt ?
I did my list of mods with Alex before I ordered the car LOL
With that being said, the GT2 offered little advantage to me. It cost more, had an interior that was built with a single purpose, no back seat, no AWD.
I have 620HP on my Turbo, can put my kid in it, my dog, drive it in snow and I see lots of GT's in my rearview. The widow maker is very special indeed. The guys I know that own them spend more time trying to get others to buy them then they do driving them, I guess misery does love company

Old 11-24-2009, 09:25 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
Porsche should scale down on the models.
Why not skipping the Turbo S and facelift GT2 and only present a GT2 RS instead? Their constant additions of new models makes me all confused and it seems that they are only competing with each other.

Old 11-25-2009, 02:01 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
sparkhill is just really nicesparkhill is just really nicesparkhill is just really nicesparkhill is just really nicesparkhill is just really nicesparkhill is just really nicesparkhill is just really nicesparkhill is just really nicesparkhill is just really nicesparkhill is just really nicesparkhill is just really nice
Originally Posted by DJ
GT2RS baby! Who mentioned this before? Ohh ya me! https://teamspeed.com/forums/gt/3122...0-bhp-pdk.html
If it comes, I'm going to sell a kidney to get a GT2RS.

Old 11-25-2009, 01:12 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond repute
Smokin pic and great car. Art

Quick Reply: 2010 997 Turbo "S"