Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Texas Mile side by side races: RobMD vs......Video inside!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 08:32 AM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TurboArt
Not sure but the roll on winner was SW with his TT G. Alex can chime in here...I can only tell you that his roll on with the other Supra was a must watch He hit 4th gear and then NOS his car went side ways all the way through, it was insane.

There must be a vid of this. There has to be a vid of this.

Old 11-06-2009, 10:49 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond repute
Yes they are almost done editing and completing the videos. Stay tuned.

Old 11-09-2009, 06:01 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Not sure but the roll on winner was SW with his TT G. Alex can chime in here...I can only tell you that his roll on with the other Supra was a must watch He hit 4th gear and then NOS his car went side ways all the way through, it was insane.
Wow...How much POWER is his car making ??? Dangerous run...and wll there be a proper videos with end results ???

Last edited by GT RUS; 11-09-2009 at 06:07 PM.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:17 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Yes they are almost done editing and completing the videos. Stay tuned.
Must have video now

Old 11-09-2009, 09:56 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
VRAlexander is a name known to allVRAlexander is a name known to allVRAlexander is a name known to allVRAlexander is a name known to allVRAlexander is a name known to allVRAlexander is a name known to allVRAlexander is a name known to allVRAlexander is a name known to allVRAlexander is a name known to allVRAlexander is a name known to allVRAlexander is a name known to all
Smile

Originally Posted by Freak997turbo
How many

Damn...How many hp/tq on that Supra??

I though the supra killed the TTG

What happend with VRALEXANDER on his 996tt and supra? that guy just UNLUCKY!!!!

Porsche broke a valve spring on the shakedown run (happens) She was tuned the night before and broke the Dyno Dynamics 1200rwhp dyno cell. The Supra pegged the dyno at 52psi of Boost the night before the Texas Mile at Autograf. As for the Mile..It was during the roll on races...we nailed it at the 1/4mile marker and I pulled ahead.. I wanted to see what the NOS would feel like so I reached over and armed the NOS. OOOpppssss... My speedo went from 120mph to well beyond 180mph (that was some serious wheel spin with the slicks) and my car started walking towards the other lane.. I upshifted to 5th and she went the other way with the Speedo still pegged and spun all the way to the 3/4mile marker. I havent had a rush in a car for about 3 1/2 years..that did it! The camera bike behind me got the footage. It will air on the show...nothing like leaving two black mark from just over the 1/4 mile marker all the way to the 3/4 mile marker.... what a skateboard!! We checked the datalog and she pegged 52psi with the 200shot for that run! The car has some serious potential and I do believe she will run over 240mph with a more controlled setup. Josh will tune her for 50psi (1500rwhp is my goal on boost) and then we still have the NOS left on the board to play with! Thanks everyone for your support in this project.. =)

Video will be posted in about a week. As for now we have RobMD's miss shift up on the Now Back It Up website.

Last edited by VRAlexander; 11-09-2009 at 10:01 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:13 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Prche951 will become famous soon enoughPrche951 will become famous soon enoughPrche951 will become famous soon enoughPrche951 will become famous soon enoughPrche951 will become famous soon enoughPrche951 will become famous soon enoughPrche951 will become famous soon enoughPrche951 will become famous soon enoughPrche951 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by VRAlexander
Porsche broke a valve spring on the shakedown run (happens) She was tuned the night before and broke the Dyno Dynamics 1200rwhp dyno cell. The Supra pegged the dyno at 52psi of Boost the night before the Texas Mile at Autograf. As for the Mile..It was during the roll on races...we nailed it at the 1/4mile marker and I pulled ahead.. I wanted to see what the NOS would feel like so I reached over and armed the NOS. OOOpppssss... My speedo went from 120mph to well beyond 180mph (that was some serious wheel spin with the slicks) and my car started walking towards the other lane.. I upshifted to 5th and she went the other way with the Speedo still pegged and spun all the way to the 3/4mile marker. I havent had a rush in a car for about 3 1/2 years..that did it! The camera bike behind me got the footage. It will air on the show...nothing like leaving two black mark from just over the 1/4 mile marker all the way to the 3/4 mile marker.... what a skateboard!! We checked the datalog and she pegged 52psi with the 200shot for that run! The car has some serious potential and I do believe she will run over 240mph with a more controlled setup. Josh will tune her for 50psi (1500rwhp is my goal on boost) and then we still have the NOS left on the board to play with! Thanks everyone for your support in this project.. =)

Video will be posted in about a week. As for now we have RobMD's miss shift up on the Now Back It Up website.
Wow, did it accelerate so hard that you hit the rev limit before you could shift? With all that power and hitting the rev limit would do it. Still, I hope you can get it to run a great mile next time. The 996tt has become a beast of a car.
D

Old 11-10-2009, 09:49 AM
Banned
Freak997turbo is infamous around these partsFreak997turbo is infamous around these partsFreak997turbo is infamous around these partsFreak997turbo is infamous around these partsFreak997turbo is infamous around these partsFreak997turbo is infamous around these partsFreak997turbo is infamous around these partsFreak997turbo is infamous around these partsFreak997turbo is infamous around these partsFreak997turbo is infamous around these partsFreak997turbo is infamous around these parts

Thanks for reply Alex!!..Goodluck next March!!

Can't wait for the vids

Old 11-10-2009, 03:23 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
VRAlexander is a name known to allVRAlexander is a name known to allVRAlexander is a name known to allVRAlexander is a name known to allVRAlexander is a name known to allVRAlexander is a name known to allVRAlexander is a name known to allVRAlexander is a name known to allVRAlexander is a name known to allVRAlexander is a name known to allVRAlexander is a name known to all
Smile

Originally Posted by Prche951
Wow, did it accelerate so hard that you hit the rev limit before you could shift? With all that power and hitting the rev limit would do it. Still, I hope you can get it to run a great mile next time. The 996tt has become a beast of a car.
D
The rev-limiter on the Supra is 10,500rpms and I shifted into 5th just before she hit it. As for 5th, she blew the tires intantly and started to walk sideways toward the other end of the track..I was playing with the throttle between 9,800rpms and 10,500 hoping that she would just hook up before the 3/4mile marker...didn't happen.. I did manage one full pass in the Supra at 39psi of boost reaching 225mph at the mile marker. I am looking forward to a full out run. with the extra 420whp left on the board.

Originally Posted by Freak997turbo
Thanks for reply Alex!!..Goodluck next March!!

Can't wait for the vids
Thanks!

Last edited by VRAlexander; 11-10-2009 at 03:25 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:00 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Prche951 will become famous soon enoughPrche951 will become famous soon enoughPrche951 will become famous soon enoughPrche951 will become famous soon enoughPrche951 will become famous soon enoughPrche951 will become famous soon enoughPrche951 will become famous soon enoughPrche951 will become famous soon enoughPrche951 will become famous soon enough
The rev-limiter on the Supra is 10,500rpms and I shifted into 5th just before she hit it. As for 5th, she blew the tires intantly and started to walk sideways toward the other end of the track..I was playing with the throttle between 9,800rpms and 10,500 hoping that she would just hook up before the 3/4mile marker...didn't happen.. I did manage one full pass in the Supra at 39psi of boost reaching 225mph at the mile marker. I am looking forward to a full out run. with the extra 420whp left on the board.

Thanks!
wow, sounds like you will need much bigger and stickier tires. I definitely want to a video of that. crazy

Old 11-11-2009, 05:21 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!

1500 RWHP + NOS that is crazy... any 60-130 times ???

How reliable is this set up and what turbos do u use ???

Is it possible to use AWD with this POWER , so that you have some control over the car at least at higher speeds ???

I think those TT Lambos that run 3.5 60-130 are AWD as well...

Last edited by GT RUS; 11-11-2009 at 05:24 AM.

Quick Reply: Texas Mile side by side races: RobMD vs......Video inside!!!!!!!!