Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Switzer GT2 R850 Package is DONE - 783 RWHP

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 09:34 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dk996tt
I took the GT2 for a drive today on the race gas setting. Holy Guacamole!!! Can you say "Baby Sledgehammer". This R850 is one serious package. I am NOT selling/trading my GT2 for the 16M. I can't wait to run the TT Gallardo and hopefully a Veyron. It's gonna be GOOD!!!
Great to hear. Hoping for some videos soon.

Old 09-21-2009, 01:11 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond repute
That is one bad ass GT2 DK. Congrats on the never ending performance mods Like I should talk Great results my friend.

Old 09-21-2009, 03:48 AM
Banned
Freak997turbo is infamous around these partsFreak997turbo is infamous around these partsFreak997turbo is infamous around these partsFreak997turbo is infamous around these partsFreak997turbo is infamous around these partsFreak997turbo is infamous around these partsFreak997turbo is infamous around these partsFreak997turbo is infamous around these partsFreak997turbo is infamous around these partsFreak997turbo is infamous around these partsFreak997turbo is infamous around these parts
Congratulations to David and Switzer community!!!!

Those euro members just can't stop it!!!

Old 09-21-2009, 02:21 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
mb19701964 is an unknown quantity at this point
Congrats on your car! But to me it is just a matter of time before you blow it up. I think you need internals done on anything greater than 600 hp.

But seems like it is working for you so far.

Old 09-21-2009, 02:39 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Neil Switzer

Would this make your GT2 the most powerful in the world?
The only Euro tuner into "explodamotors" seems to have that area covered. I think you can claim the most powerful in the world "without internals", time bomb spec

Old 09-21-2009, 03:25 PM
Banned
Jo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mb19701964
Congrats on your car! But to me it is just a matter of time before you blow it up. I think you need internals done on anything greater than 600 hp.

But seems like it is working for you so far.
I've been hearing that myth for years, and yet we have over 2 dozen cars running the 700/750 kits (WELL over 600 wheel) with thousands of miles and without issue. Same with the GT2, which has seen more track miles at the hands of pros AND hacks and still has no issue.

If *I* was trying to get crazy sums of money for my builds (Ruf is the guiltiest party, but surely not the ONLY guilty party) telling people they "needed" costly internals to keep things together would sure be a great place to start.

Old 09-21-2009, 03:29 PM
Banned
Jo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bbywu
Ruf and TechArt do not do any internals with those two kits. In fact, the only internals that Ruf does is with an engine swap to the RT12/S engine. The 600 package doeds NOT include internals...I am certain as it is the next step in my upgrade path this winter.
You're 100% right! I still think there is a significant "Ruf tax", but I'll take back my last comment about them being the guiltiest party!!

Mm-mm! That crow sure does taste good!

Old 09-21-2009, 03:38 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
bbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jo_Switzer
You're 100% right! I still think there is a significant "Ruf tax", but I'll take back my last comment about them being the guiltiest party!!

Mm-mm! That crow sure does taste good!
Well, Jo, I'm not trying to criticize Switzer...I think you're picking the wrong target. Just trying to correct Toby's generalization about connecting rods and maximum torque.

Old 09-21-2009, 03:41 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by bbywu
Well, Jo, I'm not trying to criticize Switzer...I think you're picking the wrong target. Just trying to correct Toby's generalization about connecting rods and maximum torque.
No, I got that - just took me a re-read. Apologies all around.

Old 09-21-2009, 03:49 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
bbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jo_Switzer
No, I got that - just took me a re-read. Apologies all around.
Not needed. I know guys see my avitar and sig and think I worship the Temple of Alois...on the contrary...I worship at the Temple of "Which ever tuner gets you from A to B really really fast." lol...

Quick Reply: Switzer GT2 R850 Package is DONE - 783 RWHP