Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Switzer GT2 R850 Package is DONE - 783 RWHP

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 05:01 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by bbywu
Toby, I think your data is not correct. Considering the margin of safety that most tuners give (especially Ruf, who offers warranties on their engine kits), the stock rods on the GT2/TT can probably take a beating higher than what you are suggesting. Ruf 600 (850NM)...or Evotech 600 (840NM)...or TechArt (880NM)...all are reputable German tuners offering torque beyond your stated limit of 830NM...they would never off a kit without some margin of safety. My guess is that the rods for both engines can take a beating beyond your numbers safetly.
The Ruf and Techart will include rods at these levels, I don't know much about Evotech. I know RS were tuning to 830NM as a "safe" level and after sustained 'bahn use the cars have ended up needing rods...... As you probably know, I just had mine done and there was no option of higher peak torque (than 830NM) without rods and actually I didn't want any more, I wanted to be able to use the torque (interesting hearing about DK's 2nd gear traction issues - BTDT becomes a bore).
I am thinking it is the torque curve on DK's engine (slowly rising with the big turbos and peaking after 5000rpm) which is contributing significantly to their staying straight although those 60-130 times are phenominal and there must be serious torque coming through to run those numbers...... I sincerely hope the rods hold but all I know says the clock will be ticking if this torque is used often !

Old 09-20-2009, 10:11 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
bbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TB993tt
The Ruf and Techart will include rods at these levels, I don't know much about Evotech. I know RS were tuning to 830NM as a "safe" level and after sustained 'bahn use the cars have ended up needing rods...... As you probably know, I just had mine done and there was no option of higher peak torque (than 830NM) without rods and actually I didn't want any more, I wanted to be able to use the torque (interesting hearing about DK's 2nd gear traction issues - BTDT becomes a bore).
I am thinking it is the torque curve on DK's engine (slowly rising with the big turbos and peaking after 5000rpm) which is contributing significantly to their staying straight although those 60-130 times are phenominal and there must be serious torque coming through to run those numbers...... I sincerely hope the rods hold but all I know says the clock will be ticking if this torque is used often !
Ruf and TechArt do not do any internals with those two kits. In fact, the only internals that Ruf does is with an engine swap to the RT12/S engine. The 600 package doeds NOT include internals...I am certain as it is the next step in my upgrade path this winter.

Old 09-20-2009, 01:46 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by bbywu
Ruf and TechArt do not do any internals with those two kits. In fact, the only internals that Ruf does is with an engine swap to the RT12/S engine. The 600 package doeds NOT include internals...I am certain as it is the next step in my upgrade path this winter.
Yes you are right (I just looked at the respective kits - jeeez the Ruf one is steep - I thought at that price rods were included !)

OK, I think we are clutching at straws a bit here since it is down to how the torque is measured..... for example on my new set up RS quoted (and certified on the final dyno chart) 827NM. Now being an anorak I insisted on getting the data sheet which I know they produce (I spotted these sheets while sniffing around the dyno room !) this sheets shows lots of other data like boost lambda IAT etc...

Now RS have corrected my torque to DIN using the ambient test cell air temperature as the input for the CF (it was 27degC). During the actual full power test the IAT was varied using the water cooled intercooler and if one corrects to the actual IAT used the numbers are all slightly different and pertinently the peak torque comes out at 844NM.

What is interesting is on previous engines RS have done for me even THEY calculated DIN power using the method I employed to give the 844NM - so it just shows how much interpretation there can be even with people who pride themselves as being anally accurate with Porsche hp !

So you see 844NM which on a cold day and overboost could easily be ~880NM...... And conversely for an inefficiently intercooled car its dynoed 850NM could easily be 750NM on the road on a hot day. I guess you are right that I can't be definative about the 830NM limit.

What I can say is that if DKs car is doing those phenominal acceleration times ~6s 60-130mph then regardless of dyno numbers he must be close to the limits.....surely ?

Old 09-20-2009, 02:12 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
bbyw

Have you seen the test on the Ruf 600 997tt package on this site:
9ii.de einszweidrei.de free cars bikes road tests reviews buying guide 2009

THe Cargraphic 544PS/798NM came out a second faster 100-200kph when tested.... what are your thoughts, are you lusting after those bigger VTGs ?

Old 09-20-2009, 04:41 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
and you want to sell your GT2..........

Old 09-20-2009, 05:06 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
dk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JonA85
and you want to sell your GT2..........
I took the GT2 for a drive today on the race gas setting. Holy Guacamole!!! Can you say "Baby Sledgehammer". This R850 is one serious package. I am NOT selling/trading my GT2 for the 16M. I can't wait to run the TT Gallardo and hopefully a Veyron. It's gonna be GOOD!!!

Old 09-20-2009, 05:13 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
salihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to behold
we need some 60-130's on race gas setting

Old 09-20-2009, 05:41 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
bbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TB993tt
bbyw

Have you seen the test on the Ruf 600 997tt package on this site:
9ii.de einszweidrei.de free cars bikes road tests reviews buying guide 2009

THe Cargraphic 544PS/798NM came out a second faster 100-200kph when tested.... what are your thoughts, are you lusting after those bigger VTGs ?
That data was pulled from AutoBild against the LP560. We have no idea what the conditions were for either run. But on the same day, that particular Ruf 600 out ran the LP560 to 300kph by 3 seconds...I have other data

Last edited by bbywu; 09-20-2009 at 05:50 PM.
Old 09-20-2009, 06:04 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
dk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by salihbjk
we need some 60-130's on race gas setting
We will make some runs this week. I suspect a 5.2 - 5.4 run will be possible without too much difficulty.

Old 09-20-2009, 08:55 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Neil Switzer has a brilliant futureNeil Switzer has a brilliant futureNeil Switzer has a brilliant futureNeil Switzer has a brilliant futureNeil Switzer has a brilliant futureNeil Switzer has a brilliant futureNeil Switzer has a brilliant futureNeil Switzer has a brilliant futureNeil Switzer has a brilliant futureNeil Switzer has a brilliant futureNeil Switzer has a brilliant future
Congrats to Tym and DK and everyone involved!

DK, perhaps it's time for some stickies on the back of the GT2?

Can't wait for the video from this.. Baby Sledge indeed!

Would this make your GT2 the most powerful in the world?

Quick Reply: Switzer GT2 R850 Package is DONE - 783 RWHP