Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Newbie to tuning

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 12:22 PM
Former Sponsor
sharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond repute
hey parkmonster if you do decide to do an ECU upgrade, whether it's with us or someone else, here's a useful guide for you on the removal process:
http://sharkwerks.com/porsche/techni...2-and-gt3.html

Old 09-12-2009, 12:41 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Prche951 will become famous soon enoughPrche951 will become famous soon enoughPrche951 will become famous soon enoughPrche951 will become famous soon enoughPrche951 will become famous soon enoughPrche951 will become famous soon enoughPrche951 will become famous soon enoughPrche951 will become famous soon enoughPrche951 will become famous soon enough
you have to remove it to tune it? I like that fact that I did not have to remove mine, just loaded the program through the obd.

Old 09-13-2009, 10:12 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Neil Switzer has a brilliant futureNeil Switzer has a brilliant futureNeil Switzer has a brilliant futureNeil Switzer has a brilliant futureNeil Switzer has a brilliant futureNeil Switzer has a brilliant futureNeil Switzer has a brilliant futureNeil Switzer has a brilliant futureNeil Switzer has a brilliant futureNeil Switzer has a brilliant futureNeil Switzer has a brilliant future
Here is a video of a 750hp tiptronic we did, over in russia against another 911.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQUzk_Ye9CE`

Not an exact comparison of what you may have and another car, but I just thought I'de show you...

Old 09-17-2009, 05:57 PM
Teamspeed Member
parkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sharky
hey parkmonster if you do decide to do an ECU upgrade, whether it's with us or someone else, here's a useful guide for you on the removal process:
http://sharkwerks.com/porsche/techni...2-and-gt3.html
Alex, thanks for the message. Will certainly give you a shout.

Old 09-17-2009, 06:05 PM
Teamspeed Member
parkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond repute
Just wanted to thank everyone here for your honest advice. In the end, I ended up trading my 09TT for a new 07RS (see Phil's post https://teamspeed.com/forums/gt/2909...-wash-wax.html for initial photos -- I will post more when I can get to it). While there's no substitute for the TT in terms of speed, refinement/poise, tunability, I decided I did not want to spend the money and time to turn it into a monster (like RAClaims' beautiful beast).

I am absolutely loving the GT3RS in its stock form and don't see myself desiring anything new for a long, long time.

Except maybe the 2010 RS.... LOL.

Old 09-18-2009, 10:22 AM
Teamspeed Member
raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
congrats my man...enjoy it in good health!!

Can't wait to see it in person.

Old 09-18-2009, 01:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Schwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond repute
congratulations and enjoy it