Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

TechArt Noselift Kit installed on 700HP 997TT @ SharkWerks

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 10:05 PM
Former Sponsor
sharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation TechArt Noselift Kit installed on 700HP 997TT @ SharkWerks

Hey folks, James just finished installing the first kit TechArt nose-lift kit in the US today on a customer's EVT700 997TT. It's a pretty elaborate set up, including a hydraulic pump, plenty of lines, couplers and electronics as well as a nifty home-link switch replacement. Dan whipped up a demonstration video featuring our chief scientist and test pilot behind the wheel.

YouTube - TechArt noselift kit on 700HP Porsche @ SharkWerks

We've got a lot more to do on this car (including a full Type II conversion) so it's back to work. For those of you interested in purchasing a kit and for more information check out:

SharkWerks Porsche Performance Experts in Northern California (510-651-0300)

Here's a few pix of the installation process starting off with all the parts (and there's a lot of them):

The all-important pump and battery tray (very neatly put together I must say):

Here's one retro-fitted with the techart kit (top) and regular coilover (bottom):

In she goes back into the front:

The hydraulic lines need to be run careful and secured out of the way:

Much of the front trunk area needs to be removed etc..

In goes the battery tray and pump

Out comes the homelink panel..

And the switch panel (a lot of wiring etc...)

Old 05-14-2009, 10:59 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
sparkhill is just really nicesparkhill is just really nicesparkhill is just really nicesparkhill is just really nicesparkhill is just really nicesparkhill is just really nicesparkhill is just really nicesparkhill is just really nicesparkhill is just really nicesparkhill is just really nicesparkhill is just really nice
Excellent post, and another excellent SharkWerks project. I look forward to trying out the "other" option.

Old 05-23-2009, 12:45 AM
Former Sponsor
sharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sparkhill
Excellent post, and another excellent SharkWerks project. I look forward to trying out the "other" option.
Cheers and see you next week... Looking forward to it! Walter Rohl -approved no less!

Old 05-23-2009, 01:03 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
pretty cool. good job sharky.

Old 05-23-2009, 10:27 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Dave(MA) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA) has a reputation beyond repute
That's a great video, thanks guys. I was thinking about this video as I heard the sound of a Aqua Blue lip scraping while backing out of a driveway last night

Old 05-24-2009, 06:07 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Is this mod expensive ???

Old 05-24-2009, 06:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
I imagine it is expensive, but looks like a very well put together kit. Veryclean install as well!

Can you put the nose up or down as you drive or do you have to be stopped?

Old 05-24-2009, 09:21 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by Mr Kram
pretty cool. good job sharky.
Thanks!
Originally Posted by Dave(MA)
That's a great video, thanks guys. I was thinking about this video as I heard the sound of a Aqua Blue lip scraping while backing out of a driveway last night
Yes I hear you on that Dave Doing it on the RS soon...
Originally Posted by quickZohsix
I imagine it is expensive, but looks like a very well put together kit. Veryclean install as well!

Can you put the nose up or down as you drive or do you have to be stopped?
Thanks and you can drive up to 39mph with it up before it goes down automatically

Old 05-24-2009, 10:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sharky
Thanks!

Yes I hear you on that Dave Doing it on the RS soon...

Thanks and you can drive up to 39mph with it up before it goes down automatically
VERY COOL!!!!! so can't accidently forget to put it down and screw up the aero of the car

Old 05-24-2009, 10:52 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
6 seconds up, 9 seconds down? thats way too much time.. geez do a better job or something.

jk.
Can you use it while you're driving? As in, when you raise it to leave a driveway or go over a speed bump, can you drop it while still rolling?
edit: nevermind i just read about that 39mph thing.