Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Porsche Sport Driving School - Teamspeed Partner

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 07:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Anyone plan on going to this sometime next year? I was thinking around May or so.

Old 10-25-2010, 09:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
My wife rules! For our anniversary, she booked me for the April 14-15, 2011 PSDS. WOOT! Alright. Who else is comin'?

Old 04-17-2011, 12:03 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by bonehead
My wife rules! For our anniversary, she booked me for the April 14-15, 2011 PSDS. WOOT! Alright. Who else is comin'?
Wow. I posted this 6 months ago and I finally went and just got back from Birmingham for the 2 day 'Performance' course. They were running the Masters consecutively but unfortunately couldn't stay for it.

Great course, very knowledgeable and friendly staff. We got hit with the edge of a tornado on day 2 which made some of the exercises a bit hairy.

Barber is an extremely technical circuit. Great place to get your feet wet if you've never been on the track. You won't have any delusions that you're Ayrton Senna after leaving there. Pretty wide assortment of vehicles:

C2S (6 speed and PDK) and Cayman S (PDK) on the track
C2S (PDK) skidpad
Cayman S (6 speed) and Boxster Spyder (PDK) on the braking course
Boxster S (PDK) and Cayenne Turbo on the autocross
C2S (6 speed) Heel-toe exercise

Few things that made it less than perfect. Could stand to do less time on the 'exercises' (skidpad, autocross, etc) and more on the track.
I am officially never converting to PDK. As impressive as it may be, I did not enjoy my track time as much with those as I did with the 6 speed Carrera's.
Worst of all, what most of us were looking forward to never happened: No 'hot laps' with the instructors because of the inclement weather

Overall, good course. Would definitely like to get back sometime for the Masters.
My cool souvenir for being the best driver they ever had (....ok, not really: hat signed by all the instructors

Old 04-17-2011, 12:59 AM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
Aw man....the hot lap was one of the best part, but glad you enjoyed it! I'm considering going back for the GT3 Cup series this coming October.

Old 04-17-2011, 01:05 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by atomic80
Aw man....the hot lap was one of the best part, but glad you enjoyed it! I'm considering going back for the GT3 Cup series this coming October.
Tell me about it! JB let one group out before the torrential downpour. Then he shut it down leaving the majority of the group seriously bummed. And the instructors were using the .2 turbos. Would have been a blast to be a passenger on that course at 10/10ths.

Old 04-17-2011, 01:07 AM
Teamspeed Pro
As far as the Cup Course, that would be SOOOO cool! But holy pricey, Batman!

Old 04-17-2011, 01:08 AM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bonehead
As far as the Cup Course, that would be SOOOO cool! But holy pricey, Batman!
No kidding....I'm selling a kidney just so I can go.

Old 04-17-2011, 01:10 AM
Official Teamspeed Duck's Fan
BuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond repute
Better a kidney than the Scud!