Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Help Needed with Greddy Profec B Booster

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 06:02 PM
Teamspeed Member
NinjaBoy is a glorious beacon of lightNinjaBoy is a glorious beacon of lightNinjaBoy is a glorious beacon of lightNinjaBoy is a glorious beacon of lightNinjaBoy is a glorious beacon of lightNinjaBoy is a glorious beacon of lightNinjaBoy is a glorious beacon of lightNinjaBoy is a glorious beacon of lightNinjaBoy is a glorious beacon of lightNinjaBoy is a glorious beacon of lightNinjaBoy is a glorious beacon of light
Help Needed with Greddy Profec B Booster

Hi Guys. I have recently installed bigger turbos and intercooler and some more mods on my TT. But my biggest problem is the Greddy Profec B Turbo booster.
When i collected the car it was wow but the turbo boost wont go higher than 0.8 bar. When i read on the internet about it, it mentioned that the booster when newly installed is set at a defaulted value so i have to adjust it accordingly.
I managed to fiddle with the numbers, but now i have about 1.4 - 1.5 bar showing when i kick it down but there seems to be a lag. I feel the car is not as fast as it shud be. Plus my 100-200 kmh timings are nowhere near what it shud be. Plus when i kick down in the 1st gear it goes like mad and suddenly it cuts off for about 1 sec before it shifts into the 2nd gear. The cut off only happens in the 1st gear. It didnt when it was on the defaulted value.

I just cant seem to understand how it works and i cant seem to get the car to perform as fast as it should.
Can anyone pls help to at least give me a ball park figure as to the number setting on the booster.
Ur help is highly appreciated.

Last edited by NinjaBoy; 04-22-2009 at 06:20 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:50 PM
Teamspeed Member
NinjaBoy is a glorious beacon of lightNinjaBoy is a glorious beacon of lightNinjaBoy is a glorious beacon of lightNinjaBoy is a glorious beacon of lightNinjaBoy is a glorious beacon of lightNinjaBoy is a glorious beacon of lightNinjaBoy is a glorious beacon of lightNinjaBoy is a glorious beacon of lightNinjaBoy is a glorious beacon of lightNinjaBoy is a glorious beacon of lightNinjaBoy is a glorious beacon of light
One more thing, i was just told that the cut off in the first gear is from overboost and the limiter cut off. That cud be true coz i didnt get the cut off when it was on 0.8bar. I could be good in many other things but here i feel a failure by trying to set it up..

Old 04-24-2009, 01:57 PM
Teamspeed Member
I guess nobody wud like to help...

Old 04-24-2009, 02:39 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
first of all you need to turn it back to .8 bar before you hurt the motor ....if you haven't already.Next you need to get the car to a tuner and get it on a dyno with a a/f gauge and see where you are fuel wise at a certain boost level.This is not something you should be playing with blindly by the seat of your pants because it could be a very expensive lesson.The car needs to be monitored at each boost level to see where you are.Who tuned it and sold the kit to you?

Old 04-24-2009, 03:12 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Can you give us the specs on the turbos etc?

Remember, boost ≠ power it's all about the amount of air you're stuffing in the cylinder not the pressure

I don't know much about 997TT tuning, but it sounds like it's a possible tuning issue don't know if there's a defuel or something going on. Have you been in touch w/ your tuner?

Old 04-24-2009, 04:39 PM
Teamspeed Member
Thanks Joetwint & Cstroked for ur replies. I managed to find someone who could tune the booster for me. Apparently what i was told is that with the amount of boost i have it is virtually impossible to achieve the desired power with our pump gas which is approx 91 octane. The fuel is the main problem. Now i have to get 103 - 106 octane fuel and check it out on the dyno.
Really appreciate ur replies guys and will keep you updated with the progress.

Old 05-03-2009, 08:13 AM
cupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond repute
Ninjaboy, how did it go?

We don't have a 4 wheel dyno here, so I wonder how they will tune your car.