Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Sportec SPR1 M with 858hp to Debut in Geneva

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 02:59 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Post Sportec SPR1 M with 858hp to Debut in Geneva

Sportec is headed for Geneva in a big way. The tuner will showcase the Sportec SPR1 M, a suspected hurricane of a car based on the Porsche "997" 911 Turbo model. This is a seriously exclusive car in that only 10 will ever be produced. Sportec has rebuilt the car from the ground up using mainly carbon fiber thus ensuring an exceptional power-to-weight ratio. The power figure for the T80 M engine package itself is 858hp (631kW) and maximum torque is 880Nm. No performance figures are available yet but judging from the previous version of the car, the SPR1, fans are in for a real treat. The SPR1 made just over 800hp (588kW) and covered the 0 - 100km/h dash in 3 seconds, 0 - 200km/h in 8.6 seconds and 0 - 300km/h in 18.9 seconds. The SPR1 M is even more powerful and is very light. Therefore it should comfortably break the 3 second mark on that sprint as well as the other figures.

Not content with this type of armoury Sportec is to introduce several other cars at Geneva. These include the Audi RS 6-based Sportec RS700 and the Sportec SP750 which is based on the 997 GT2 and packs a 750hp (552KW), 850Nm kit. Lastly Sportec will demonstrate their will to not only provide powerful cars but to be kinder to the environment by unveiling the SP550 mc (mean+clean) that uses a 3.6-litre biturbo engine with gas injection.

I wonder why they bothered using update fogs in the front but not the new LED tails?

Old 02-28-2009, 03:44 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Damn, that looks clean!

Old 02-28-2009, 05:11 PM
Teamspeed Member
Turbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to behold
Impressive.

I asked this on Rennlist, but nobody has responded yet. I know Sportec is offering the SPR1 T80 as an AWD, presumably the SPR1 M will have the same. Since both are >800HP/PS/lb-ft, does anyone here know what kind of upgraded diff they are using, what it's specced to handle power/torque-wise, and whether something like this could be purchased or sourced from somewhere (Sportec or an outsourced manufacturer)? I have the EVOMS GT700 kit on my '05 996TSCab, and if I move up to a 3.8L/800+HP upgrade, I would be best served going RWD ala GT2 or upgrading the AWD diff.

TIA

Old 02-28-2009, 05:53 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
What a rocket. Going to be a rare car.

Old 02-28-2009, 07:34 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
N2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond repute
This has got to be a rocket with four wheels.

Old 03-01-2009, 03:08 AM
Teamspeed Member
NinjaBoy is a glorious beacon of lightNinjaBoy is a glorious beacon of lightNinjaBoy is a glorious beacon of lightNinjaBoy is a glorious beacon of lightNinjaBoy is a glorious beacon of lightNinjaBoy is a glorious beacon of lightNinjaBoy is a glorious beacon of lightNinjaBoy is a glorious beacon of lightNinjaBoy is a glorious beacon of lightNinjaBoy is a glorious beacon of lightNinjaBoy is a glorious beacon of light
Now that wud be a car worth having. Can blast anything literally on the road

Old 03-01-2009, 09:45 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
nyamg is a name known to allnyamg is a name known to allnyamg is a name known to allnyamg is a name known to allnyamg is a name known to allnyamg is a name known to allnyamg is a name known to allnyamg is a name known to allnyamg is a name known to allnyamg is a name known to allnyamg is a name known to all
WOW, Sportec makes makes some very nice stuff, I love their rims.

Old 03-01-2009, 06:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
That looks awesome...

Old 03-02-2009, 02:07 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond repute
I wonder what the specs are as far as 60-130mph. This is the figure that is being looked at as far as power. Any idea on the weight?