Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Rennline pedals

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 12:35 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Alex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond repute
Rennline pedals

A while back I purchased a set of Rennline pedals for my 997 Turbo through CoolCava Racing here in the UK. This was to help me with heal and toeing given the very high biting pedal for my ceramic brakes - I just couldn't reach the throttle without full braking all the time, something that I rarely do on public roads.

2 weeks later and they arrived!!

Thursday evening I set about installation. I put together the throttle pedal as much as I could prior to getting near the car itself, this was pretty straight-forward and could be done from the comfort of my desk.

Starting point:

I then drilled the 3 holes required for the lifter plate using the cut-out template provided in the instructions. Sadly though after drilling the holes the bottom left hole was about 1cm too low and too left - so I had to drill another hole! Not to worry I suppose as the lifter plate covers the mistake hole anyway...

Next I screwed in the lifter base plate:

Followed by the main pedal (constructed earlier):

Next up, the brake pedal. I was scratching my head for a while how to get the stock rubber grip off, then I found that the whole thing is just a rubber cover for the pedal which you can just pull off from the back:

So once I got that off I then had to drill some holes for the screws. Frustratingly though this was very hard to do as the angles are really tough to get at with a drill and this pedal is made of metal so it slipped each time, and again afterwards I found my alignment of holes slightly out

After getting the hole right the next issue then was tightening the screws into the bolts behind the pedal - especially as my initial holes were too close to the vertical metal stem of the pedal so the bolts wouldn't fit. It took me about 1 hour just for this part alone!!

By the time I got this far it was getting dark so I decided to abandon the last pedal (clutch - which looks like it is plastic not metal) for tomorrow. So I went for a little drive to test them out.

Immediately heal-and-toeing was SO EASY!! The brake is right level with the throttle now, I can 'blip' under any braking load. It's great. The only thing to watch is under heavy braking it's very easy to catch the throttle pedal so you have to be aware of this. Just needs a little practice I suppose.

Old 02-28-2009, 12:35 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Alex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond repute
Report part II...

So this morning my brain finally kicked in and I realized that what I needed was a MIRROR to see the back of the pedals. D'oh!! This helped massively, especially when planning where to drill the holes and for tightening the bolts at the back.

I also spotted that the Rennline recommended top-lower hole (for a 997) was actually restricting the throttle pedal at the back. That's like 50bhp gone right there!!

So I switched to the (non-997 recommened) top-top hole to resolve the issue, giving:

Final result:

I then took the car out for another drive and after I re-adjusted the pedals a little more I was no longer catching the throttle when I applied for full brakes. Now it rocks - I love this mod!!

Old 03-01-2009, 03:24 AM
Teamspeed Member
NinjaBoy is a glorious beacon of lightNinjaBoy is a glorious beacon of lightNinjaBoy is a glorious beacon of lightNinjaBoy is a glorious beacon of lightNinjaBoy is a glorious beacon of lightNinjaBoy is a glorious beacon of lightNinjaBoy is a glorious beacon of lightNinjaBoy is a glorious beacon of lightNinjaBoy is a glorious beacon of lightNinjaBoy is a glorious beacon of lightNinjaBoy is a glorious beacon of light
A job well done. Looks cool...

Old 03-01-2009, 09:42 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
nyamg is a name known to allnyamg is a name known to allnyamg is a name known to allnyamg is a name known to allnyamg is a name known to allnyamg is a name known to allnyamg is a name known to allnyamg is a name known to allnyamg is a name known to allnyamg is a name known to allnyamg is a name known to all
very nice, they look great.

Old 03-01-2009, 11:27 AM
Teamspeed Pro
alkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond repute
those looks awesome

Old 03-01-2009, 11:28 AM
ATL
Teamspeed Pro
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
nice, that's a very functional mod and it looks cool too.,

Old 03-01-2009, 12:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond repute
That's exactly the set up I have.

Old 03-01-2009, 03:01 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
salihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to behold
I got a set too (not rennline) and I couldn't figure out a way to install the accelerator pedal (my car is a tip), I can not see the back of the pedal, there is kickdown button there and I'm afraid I might hurt it while drilling. Anybody got any tips?

Old 03-01-2009, 04:24 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
NOTICE:

I have heard on other forums that if you fitted the baseplate top self-tapping top screw to the Rennline recommended lower-top hole then you will be restricting the throttle pedal from going all the way down!!

Please check this if you already have the Rennline pedals in your car.

Old 03-01-2009, 06:35 PM
Teamspeed Member
neeenja has a reputation beyond reputeneeenja has a reputation beyond reputeneeenja has a reputation beyond reputeneeenja has a reputation beyond reputeneeenja has a reputation beyond reputeneeenja has a reputation beyond reputeneeenja has a reputation beyond reputeneeenja has a reputation beyond reputeneeenja has a reputation beyond reputeneeenja has a reputation beyond reputeneeenja has a reputation beyond repute
Should of got these instead of the AWE pedals. Still pretty happy with the AWEs though.

Quick Reply: Rennline pedals