Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Oakley Design Sequential

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 03:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MiniD
Is it a true sequential where as you don't use the clutch on the up shifts?
No, there's an article of GTPorsche from way back that is all about the sequential application for GT3s and in that car the clutch had to be used. I think the benefit is that it is a little bit faster and it doesn't miss shifts. Don't know if I would run it for primarily street use, but on the track I can see the benefits.

Old 02-23-2009, 04:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond repute
This is just a shifter. You need to use the clutch for up-down. Definitely nothing like the cup cars that run straight-cut gears where you can just slam it on the upshift.

IMHO there are far better things you can spend your money on than this product if you're serious about tracking your car. On the street it's a useless gimmick.

Old 02-23-2009, 04:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
While I agree it is a gimmick and perhaps it is pretty pointless but it is such a cool gimmick none the less...

Old 02-23-2009, 06:00 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
N2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ZAMIRZ
This is just a shifter. You need to use the clutch for up-down. Definitely nothing like the cup cars that run straight-cut gears where you can just slam it on the upshift.

IMHO there are far better things you can spend your money on than this product if you're serious about tracking your car. On the street it's a useless gimmick.
Remember the Pet Rock? That was a pointless gimmick

Straight cut gears would not be in my TT so I guess it's time to build a dedicated cup car__right! Gimmick or not it still fun to have gimmicks.

Old 02-23-2009, 07:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by N2it
Remember the Pet Rock? That was a pointless gimmick

Straight cut gears would not be in my TT so I guess it's time to build a dedicated cup car__right! Gimmick or not it still fun to have gimmicks.
Agreed

Old 02-23-2009, 07:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by N2it
Gimmick or not it still fun to have gimmicks.
True. Go for it

Old 02-24-2009, 02:33 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
hugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond repute
well i have been living with a simmilar gimmick(Hor Technologie) for a few months now,and my experience is that it is very practical gimmick as shifts are very quick and precise at high revs and the synchronized box helps a lot on street/traffic driving where with the help of the engine torque car is more controlable when slow moving and parking/loading/unloading situations,besides it's much more fun than egear or a race box

Old 02-24-2009, 07:30 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
So do they have this S'box for TT or not ??? and how much does it cost ???

Old 02-24-2009, 10:21 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
N2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by hugo
well i have been living with a simmilar gimmick(Hor Technologie) for a few months now,and my experience is that it is very practical gimmick as shifts are very quick and precise at high revs and the synchronized box helps a lot on street/traffic driving where with the help of the engine torque car is more controlable when slow moving and parking/loading/unloading situations,besides it's much more fun than egear or a race box
Thanks for the feedback. I will look into this unti as well.

Old 02-24-2009, 10:25 AM
Teamspeed Pro
lager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond repute
Ugly...

Quick Reply: Oakley Design Sequential