Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

JN Hephaiss CF 996 Head Light Finisher

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 01:40 PM
Teamspeed Member
Turbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to behold
JN Hephaiss CF 996 Head Light Finisher

I have a 2005 996TSCab, triple black, and I was interested in modding the headlight assembly, either painted black or in CF to hide the chrome of the assembly to highlight the traditional 911 round headlight appearance. I came across this CF finisher from JN Hephaiss-from Japan. It looks like it's a CF laminate that fits over the clear assembly cover. They are listed on the Hephaiss website for $460 USD as the 996GT3 finisher, but I believe the assembly is the same as on my TSCab.

Does anyone have more info. on this product? Quality? How to install-glue on top of the clear cover? Where to purchase in the USA? I see links to dealers of JN Hephaiss products on their website, but perhaps the mainstream vendors in the USA, including sponsors here, have access to these items?

J.N.Hephaiss | Products | Accessories | PORSCHE Head light finisher

Thoughts?

Attached Images  
Old 02-15-2009, 01:59 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Not bad but FYI Techart has these as well i believe

Old 02-15-2009, 03:14 PM
Teamspeed Member
Turbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by DJ
Not bad but FYI Techart has these as well i believe
Thanks much.

Old 04-24-2009, 08:51 PM
Teamspeed Member
996 Turbo Techart Headlamp Finishers

Many thanks to DJ for the Techart referral. From CEC Wheels in Coral Gables, FL, 996 Turbo Techart headlamp finishers, and many thanks to my excellent Porsche dealer's service mechanic for application, with the fiberglass covers painted in matching factory black, making the end product look like an OEM/factory option:

Attached Images      
Old 04-24-2009, 11:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Igor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond repute
looks better then i thought it would. makes it very different from the other 996's out there.