Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

“My New Orange 997 Turbo” or “Why rationalization is so important”

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 03:58 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
kavin1212 is an unknown quantity at this point
Very Nice. Congrats

Old 02-02-2009, 03:58 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
kavin1212 is an unknown quantity at this point
very nice

Old 02-02-2009, 04:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Coochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond repute
Again, thanks for all the nice comments.
All the papers are signed and my insurance guy is in the loop....I'm all set for a Thursday pick up....or pick me up.

Old 02-02-2009, 04:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Dave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond repute
congrats!!!

Old 02-02-2009, 04:31 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jaykla has a brilliant futurejaykla has a brilliant futurejaykla has a brilliant futurejaykla has a brilliant futurejaykla has a brilliant futurejaykla has a brilliant futurejaykla has a brilliant futurejaykla has a brilliant futurejaykla has a brilliant futurejaykla has a brilliant futurejaykla has a brilliant future
You know I'm a big fan. Congrats!!!

Old 02-02-2009, 05:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Coochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jaykla
You know I'm a big fan. Congrats!!!
Maybe we can get together for a family pic!

Old 02-05-2009, 05:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Picked Up Car !!!!!!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

I am in car heaven right now. I cannot believe how happy I am with this purchase...this car is ME!

It is the second best toy I've ever had next to my wife. When I told her that, she said I "could ride her any time." I love that woman.

I picked up the car around 11 this morning with my Coochas honey Irene. I had tremendous butterflies in my stomach driving to see Alfie this morning. There was quite a bit of sadness in realizing that I was driving my C4S for the last time. That car was so good to me and I felt like I was abandoning it. Predictably, those feelings of melancholy passed with the exchange of keys.

From the second I climbed in and started her up, I knew it was love for sure. The TT has a deeper exhaust tone and almost sounds like it's purring. I think the mellowness of the exhaust tone that I really like is probably what some owners have criticized as being too quiet! As many others have posted before, the clutch is much lighter to depress than in the C4S. It is an effortless clutch and engages very easily. The car really feels like it wants to go. Even without engaging boost, the car has excellent low end torque. I am following the same break in plan that I did with my C4S: 1000 miles under 4200 rpm with as much variation as possible,....then go nuts.

The extra power is shocking. Even in 4th gear the pull is amazing. In 6th gear it is still pretty awesome. Again, I am limiting it to 4200 rpm for now. There is little to no turbo lag. My impression is that the boost comes on very easily and continues to build and build. I can't wait to pull this thing to redline.

As for handling,....I think the high temperature we saw today in 180 miles of driving was only 20F. Needless to say I didn't feel strongly about testing the limits of adhesion. The steering feels similar to my C4S. The ride is comparable to my C4S. The brakes squeak like my C4S!

On a side note, my wife and I split a Panera Bread sandy in the car (so it's now broken in with the whole food thing) and I farted in the car multiple times.

And now for more gratuitous shots:

Old along side of New

The Exchanging of Keys with Alfie(Note Hello Kitty Key)

Exterior Shots in the Ira Parking Lot

I just love this interior !!!!!

My New Coochas 997 TT Engraved Orange iPod

My iPhone hooked up and worked very easily by Bluetooth

Cool Leather Bits

Old 02-05-2009, 05:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
daedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Coochas
On a side note, my wife and I split a Panera Bread sandy in the car (so it's now broken in with the whole food thing) and I farted in the car multiple times.

Car looks fantastic! The color really is growing on me on the Turbo... I think you may be onto something here. I love the matching iPod too!

Old 02-05-2009, 05:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
Looks lovely, have fun with it mate.

Like the matching iPod - amused me.

Old 02-05-2009, 06:00 PM
Teamspeed's Florida Ambassador
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
Great looking Turbo! I love it. If you had not taken it, I am sure that you would be kicking yourself for that. Good thing you got it.

I agree, black P40's would look great!

Quick Reply: “My New Orange 997 Turbo” or “Why rationalization is so important”