Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Every Cloud Has A Silver Lining - My New Wing [PICS]

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 03:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Every Cloud Has A Silver Lining - My New Wing [PICS]

I came out of Best Buy about a week ago and some jerk had keyed the wing on my BBI Autosport Stage II 997TT! A deep scratch - through the clear coat - was left down the back and across one of the edges. I was freaked out! I called up Moe from Glistening Pefection immediately and got his suggestions on how to handle it. The only real option was to repaint the entire wing. So I called up my friend Andreas at Brabus in Irvine and asked how much he would sell me a Techart Type I wing for. I had always like the Type I wing but never wanted to shell out the cash for it. He gave me a great deal and it wasn't that much more than getting it repainted. They got the wing, painted it and installed it in about three days. I washed the car today. Here are some quick pics.

Last edited by Barrister; 01-19-2009 at 04:02 PM.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:02 PM
ATL
Teamspeed Pro
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
Nice job Dana. That was a great excuse to swap out for a new spoiler. Was it covered under insurance?

Old 01-19-2009, 04:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
RDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond repute
Looks nice, sorry you got keyed though. Did insurance help out at all?

Karma's a b*tch and I'm sure it will come back 10 fold to the jack@ss who keyed you.

Old 01-19-2009, 04:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
I am counting on Karma. People are so strange some times. What possesses someone to damage my car for no real reason? I will never understand that.

Insurance probably would have covered it but I carry pretty high deductibles and didn't bother making a claim. Andreas gave me the wing at such a great discount that I couldn't pass it up. That took a lot of the pain out of it.

If you guys ever need Techart stuff, Andreas Hartman is the guy to deal with. He is the retail sales manager in Irvine, CA. Brabus is kind of a sinking ship right now - no fault of his though. I would love to see Andreas get as much business as he can. He has been trying to get Claus (the owner) to give him the green light to become a strategic partner on TS. I hope it happens soon. Andreas is a fountain of knowledge and has great connections. If he had his way, he would be on here in a second. He is a member but stays pretty quiet. He doesn't want to run afoul of the sponsor rules. I respect that.

I have no affiliation with them at all - beyond being a very satisfied customer for many years.

I think the wing looks great. It is not fixed and I kept the factory base. It still goes up and down - although I am not convinced that serves any purpose other than looking kind of cool.

Last edited by Barrister; 01-19-2009 at 04:15 PM.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:18 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
nyamg is a name known to allnyamg is a name known to allnyamg is a name known to allnyamg is a name known to allnyamg is a name known to allnyamg is a name known to allnyamg is a name known to allnyamg is a name known to allnyamg is a name known to allnyamg is a name known to allnyamg is a name known to all
your car looks terrific, what kind of tips are those?

Old 01-19-2009, 04:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by nyamg
your car looks terrific, what kind of tips are those?
The exhaust is hand made by Betim at BBI Autosport in Huntington Beach, CA. The tips are ceramic coated to cut down on heat. Here is a close-up pic:

For a whole set of pics visit my photo site: BBI Autosport Stage II 997TT

BBI is insane and Betim is one of the most knowledgeable car guys on the planet. They did the full Stage II kit on my car (exhaust, ECU, underdrive pulley, Sachs Stage II clutch and LWFW, HRE, etc.).

Here are a couple of videos of the car - pre-wing of course:

Downforce Media presents: BBI Autosport Stage II Porsche Turbo on Vimeo

Downforce Media Presents "A Day at the Track: Fontana" on Vimeo

BBI Autosport Stage II 997TT Detailed by Glistening Perfection on Vimeo

Last edited by Barrister; 01-19-2009 at 04:27 PM.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Craigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond repute
Looks great Dana, always loved the TA type 1 as it reminds me of the 996 Aero Kit.

Old 01-19-2009, 04:30 PM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
I swear that your sled is the most gorgeous red Porsche I've ever seen. Perfect amount of a contrasting black tossed in.

Sorry about the wing bro, that really sucks... I don't know how you're eyes didn't roll back into your head and fire didn't issue forth from every pore!

At least you got to add a tweak!

Old 01-19-2009, 04:35 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
it looks so good D
How about painting the lowers red now - YES!!!

Old 01-19-2009, 04:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by DJ
it looks so good D
How about painting the lowers red now - YES!!!
You are about to be added to my wife's ultimate black list!

I can hear her now "you already have too many big boy toys!" Good thing she reigns me in too or we would be wearing barrels and living in a trailer.

Last edited by Barrister; 01-19-2009 at 04:40 PM.

Quick Reply: Every Cloud Has A Silver Lining - My New Wing [PICS]