Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Best Radar Detector for the 997?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 08:57 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
NotSoMiniC has a reputation beyond reputeNotSoMiniC has a reputation beyond reputeNotSoMiniC has a reputation beyond reputeNotSoMiniC has a reputation beyond reputeNotSoMiniC has a reputation beyond reputeNotSoMiniC has a reputation beyond reputeNotSoMiniC has a reputation beyond reputeNotSoMiniC has a reputation beyond reputeNotSoMiniC has a reputation beyond reputeNotSoMiniC has a reputation beyond reputeNotSoMiniC has a reputation beyond repute
V1 FtMFw......I remember doing my own test between the passport 8500 and V1, and the V1 won hands down.

Last edited by NotSoMiniC; 01-12-2009 at 09:02 PM.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:25 PM
Teamspeed Pro
M5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond repute
V1 along with a Lidatek laser jammer. There is a lot of laser being used, and V1 won't do anything for laser until it's too late. Get both hardwired.

Old 01-12-2009, 09:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
My V1 def. saved me on a few trips in both my 997 and now my 335.

Old 01-12-2009, 10:27 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
mikemets is a name known to allmikemets is a name known to allmikemets is a name known to allmikemets is a name known to allmikemets is a name known to allmikemets is a name known to allmikemets is a name known to allmikemets is a name known to allmikemets is a name known to allmikemets is a name known to allmikemets is a name known to all
I have the Passport 9500ci installed...very cool installation...VERY stealth. Then when I know I may be driving extra aggresively I also put the V1 on the windshiled and just deal with the wire to the outlet.

Old 01-12-2009, 10:55 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
ErikV12 is a glorious beacon of lightErikV12 is a glorious beacon of lightErikV12 is a glorious beacon of lightErikV12 is a glorious beacon of lightErikV12 is a glorious beacon of lightErikV12 is a glorious beacon of lightErikV12 is a glorious beacon of lightErikV12 is a glorious beacon of lightErikV12 is a glorious beacon of lightErikV12 is a glorious beacon of lightErikV12 is a glorious beacon of light
V1 is one of the best, if not the best one you can find on the market. I have one and very happy with it.

Here's a picture of a V1 hardwired in a rear view mirror of an ISF. I think it's pretty neat.

Attached Images    
Old 01-12-2009, 11:00 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
roccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond repute
OK not be redundant, but V1 hands down. I've had mine for 5+ years and it is dead reliable, and as a bonus they are upgradeable, so they never become obsolete! every few years just send it in for the latest software and updates!

Old 01-12-2009, 11:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Raz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond repute
My friend recently had a K40 installed in his Bentley GTC. The install is as clean as can be.

But with that said, the V1 is still the best radar detector out there.

Old 01-13-2009, 10:37 AM
Teamspeed Member
raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I've had the K40 since I got my car...it's great...no tickets...YET! But I've never tried the V1.

Old 01-13-2009, 10:56 AM
Teamspeed Pro
miboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond repute
+100 for the V1. MI to MD road trip and back. Saved me numerous times. I averaged a very nice speed while driving the Mexican Turnpike, and never had a worry.

Old 01-14-2009, 03:10 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
ReeknHavic has a spectacular aura aboutReeknHavic has a spectacular aura aboutReeknHavic has a spectacular aura aboutReeknHavic has a spectacular aura aboutReeknHavic has a spectacular aura aboutReeknHavic has a spectacular aura aboutReeknHavic has a spectacular aura aboutReeknHavic has a spectacular aura aboutReeknHavic has a spectacular aura aboutReeknHavic has a spectacular aura aboutReeknHavic has a spectacular aura about
V1 hands down.

Quick Reply: Best Radar Detector for the 997?