Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

New Here :The Evolution of my 996 Turbo 1037 AWHP/ 780 AWTQ

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 10:46 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
New Here :The Evolution of my 996 Turbo 1037 AWHP/ 780 AWTQ

Just wanted to share with everyone what Evoms has done with my 996 turbo.The project is nearing the end of its development stages(I think)and getting ready to be tested at a East Coast track come spring.
Here is what we have done so far:

• Engine Build=3.8L motor build utilizing GT3 heads and valves(heads were machined for 996tt cam towers and the motor still incorporates variocam. Heads are o-ringed).
  • Carillo rods,CP pistons,GT3 pump,still on stock cams(not for long though),Evoms head gaskets. ARP studs.
  • Turbos=GT35R with Tial 44mm waste gates(Swain coated turbines)
  • Intercoolers=Evoms,Evoms boost hoses
  • Fuel system=twin intank pumps,twin intank pickups,billet intank brackets for stock appearing pump mount,-10 braided fire jacketed supply fuel line,-8 braided fire jacketed return fuel line,Evoms billet fuel rails,83lb injectors,Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator,Aeromotive filters
  • Boost Controller=HKS EVC
  • Tuning=(EVOMS-it)Tuned by Todd Zuccone
  • Maf=Hitatchi
  • Intake=V-flow,custom y-pipe,RSS intake,75mmTB
  • Drivetrain=Guard billet diff,Evoms axles,Evoms clutch,LWFW
  • Wheels and Tires=Bogart 17 custom made rims,Mickey Thompson E.T. streets
  • BRAKES=pccb
  • Interior=Tequipment bar,Shroth harnesses,GT3 seats,Full interior with carpet and stereo

Note****all dynos were done in AWD on a Mustang dyno to compare to my previous setup(GT800)****

**** It will be track tested in RWD****

In the next few weeks Evoms will be installing a set of custom intake/exhaust cams and valve springs made specifically for this setup to see the difference in power that can be had .We will still be utilizing Variocam to keep some of the downstairs power lost due to a big turbo/head setup.I will report the results.Then it will make an appearance at the East Coast track its older brother set the E.T. and MPH record at and we will see how it goes.

*****AWD Dyno is below under attached images********

A couple of short vids

EVOMS Special Ops Continues!- Video

Attached Images     

Last edited by DJ; 12-23-2008 at 09:01 AM.
Old 12-20-2008, 10:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Look familair?? Sweet!

Old 12-21-2008, 02:10 AM
Teamspeed Member
neeenja has a reputation beyond reputeneeenja has a reputation beyond reputeneeenja has a reputation beyond reputeneeenja has a reputation beyond reputeneeenja has a reputation beyond reputeneeenja has a reputation beyond reputeneeenja has a reputation beyond reputeneeenja has a reputation beyond reputeneeenja has a reputation beyond reputeneeenja has a reputation beyond reputeneeenja has a reputation beyond repute
holy shit dude

Old 12-22-2008, 04:28 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Ian@EVOMS has a brilliant futureIan@EVOMS has a brilliant futureIan@EVOMS has a brilliant futureIan@EVOMS has a brilliant futureIan@EVOMS has a brilliant futureIan@EVOMS has a brilliant futureIan@EVOMS has a brilliant futureIan@EVOMS has a brilliant futureIan@EVOMS has a brilliant futureIan@EVOMS has a brilliant futureIan@EVOMS has a brilliant future
Joe!

Welcome to TeamSpeed.com

I was throwing out all of these teasers to people and you just come out and spill the beans!!

I like this better... keeps the "haters" to a minimum.

Ian

Old 12-22-2008, 04:42 PM
ATL
Teamspeed Pro
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
Wow and welcome.

Old 12-22-2008, 04:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
alkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond repute
welcome, great writeup! Can't wait to see it complete

Old 12-22-2008, 05:16 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Joe welcome - throw up a pic of the car so I can make you an avatar as well

Old 12-22-2008, 05:26 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/0...4600ce2769.htm

Second vid here (streetfire's embedding is all messed up)

Old 12-22-2008, 06:28 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by DJ
EVOMS Special Ops!- Video

Second vid here (streetfire's embedding is all messed up)
Thanks DJ.

Old 12-22-2008, 06:30 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by ian@evoms
joe!

Welcome To Teamspeed.com

I Was Throwing Out All Of These Teasers To People And You Just Come Out And Spill The Beans!!

I Like This Better... Keeps The "haters" To A Minimum.

Ian
oops!

Quick Reply: New Here :The Evolution of my 996 Turbo 1037 AWHP/ 780 AWTQ