Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

New Here :The Evolution of my 996 Turbo 1037 AWHP/ 780 AWTQ

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 07:11 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Prche951 will become famous soon enoughPrche951 will become famous soon enoughPrche951 will become famous soon enoughPrche951 will become famous soon enoughPrche951 will become famous soon enoughPrche951 will become famous soon enoughPrche951 will become famous soon enoughPrche951 will become famous soon enoughPrche951 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by joetwint
Thanks DennisYou can bet on it .I was thinking about taking it to the next Porsche concours and piss off all the purists just for laughs
I'd like to see that.

Old 08-29-2009, 08:50 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Schwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond repute
nice monsta .... congrats, so this is your DD?

Old 08-29-2009, 11:32 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Prche951 will become famous soon enoughPrche951 will become famous soon enoughPrche951 will become famous soon enoughPrche951 will become famous soon enoughPrche951 will become famous soon enoughPrche951 will become famous soon enoughPrche951 will become famous soon enoughPrche951 will become famous soon enoughPrche951 will become famous soon enough
There ya goThe only drawback to that is I have to repack the chute at every stoplight
Make sure RobMD is behind you when you do that, some say he drives better when he can't see....

Have you run the car at high speed to see how the aerodynamics are affected by the chute on the back. That area should be a fairly low pressure area so you should not notice much af a difference. But you never know. Are you disabling the rear wing so it does not come up? not sure if you had that done on your record run. That makes a big difference aerodynamically, but not sure what it does to stability during breaking, but you have the chute so your covered.

Old 08-29-2009, 07:32 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by Prche951

Have you run the car at high speed to see how the aerodynamics are affected by the chute on the back. That area should be a fairly low pressure area so you should not notice much af a difference. But you never know. Are you disabling the rear wing so it does not come up? not sure if you had that done on your record run. That makes a big difference aerodynamically, but not sure what it does to stability during breaking, but you have the chute so your covered.
Dennis,
It is hard to test those mph unless you have access to a wind tunnel and an aero engineer but others have gone faster in less aerodynamic bodies with a chute on the back.We already know we can go 231mph with the car and she was stable so we feel we just need to check how it reacts with the chute at different mph.I will work up to that 231 and hopefully beyond slowly. Once i feel comfortable with the chute operation Its on like Donkey Kong.

Old 08-29-2009, 07:44 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Dennis,
It is hard to test those mph unless you have access to a wind tunnel and an aero engineer but others have gone faster in less aerodynamic bodies with a chute on the back.We already know we can go 231mph with the car and she was stable so we feel we just need to check how it reacts with the chute at different mph.I will work up to that 231 and hopefully beyond slowly. Once i feel comfortable with the chute operation Its on like Donkey Kong.
Joe, keepin my fingers crossed for you bro.....that is some serious speed.

Old 08-29-2009, 08:42 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Statman has a reputation beyond reputeStatman has a reputation beyond reputeStatman has a reputation beyond reputeStatman has a reputation beyond reputeStatman has a reputation beyond reputeStatman has a reputation beyond reputeStatman has a reputation beyond reputeStatman has a reputation beyond reputeStatman has a reputation beyond reputeStatman has a reputation beyond reputeStatman has a reputation beyond repute
lookin' great (smokin') Joe...be careful out there...

Old 09-08-2009, 05:41 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
CYBORG has a spectacular aura aboutCYBORG has a spectacular aura aboutCYBORG has a spectacular aura aboutCYBORG has a spectacular aura aboutCYBORG has a spectacular aura aboutCYBORG has a spectacular aura aboutCYBORG has a spectacular aura aboutCYBORG has a spectacular aura aboutCYBORG has a spectacular aura aboutCYBORG has a spectacular aura aboutCYBORG has a spectacular aura about
congrats , fast car no lag times good engine response