Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Gauging Interest! Morr Alloys VS8 Forged Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 12:56 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
haudimal has a reputation beyond reputehaudimal has a reputation beyond reputehaudimal has a reputation beyond reputehaudimal has a reputation beyond reputehaudimal has a reputation beyond reputehaudimal has a reputation beyond reputehaudimal has a reputation beyond reputehaudimal has a reputation beyond reputehaudimal has a reputation beyond reputehaudimal has a reputation beyond reputehaudimal has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by crimsone90
NEEZ is a two man operated company in Japan.... Now the tendency from manufacturers is "my products are good because they are expensive".

I seriously got tired of the "My wheels are more expensive than yours" trend. I work in the automotive industry as a automotive wheel consultant and I know where everybody makes their wheels and how much it cost them to make it. There is no reason why HRE should charge $5600 for a set of wheels and NEEZ $6200/set but MORR can't. It now has become really a matter of how much you are willing to pay for a set of centercaps.

I had a set of HRE and It took over 3 months for my set to arrive and they had been making that style for years. Had problems balancing, then vibrations and then keeping the damn lip looking polished. Take a look at 3PC wheels and if they don't have the centercaps in place you`ll have a hard time telling what they are. Nowadays anybody can make 3PC wheels but not everybody can make a 1PC.

I have owned both 19" VS7 and 19" VS8 on my 335 and after owning dozens of wheels and seen how they are manufactured I can testify it has been one of the best designed, best engineered, and best looking wheel that I have seen and own in a BMW. I have never seem so much class in a wheel. They design wheels specifically for each platform and they make sure the design flows with the vehicles lines.

It did take some time for my VS7 and my VS8 to arrive but they are making a wheel from scratch and are charging over $2000 less than their competitors.

My point is they have had some bad customer service reviews due to a delay in the coating process of the wheel done by their coaters in Ohio but look closely and they have had ZERO negative feedback regarding the quality of their wheels. You will not know what a performance wheel is until you carry a 19.6lb 19" wheel in your hands and hand it to the tire installer and watch the reaction in this face.

I now have an E92 M3 and I`m currently buying again from Carlos. My experience with them has been so satisfying that I'll own MORR wheels for as long as I own cars. I`m getting a 2010 GT3 and will love to have some VS8 Magnesium on that beast
Interesting post. Don´t get me wrong, but do you have some kind of a proof for your statements - I don´t say that i think you´re one of those trolls but you are Nov. reg with 2 postings....

I really want to believe your arguments, but maybe you´re a 10 yr. old kid (what I don´t think right now!!) And I´m with you, as long as the product is fine, i can stand some probs with the custom service;-)

Old 11-08-2008, 01:34 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
"I had a set of HRE and It took over 3 months for my set to arrive and they had been making that style for years. Had problems balancing, then vibrations and then keeping the damn lip looking polished. Take a look at 3PC wheels and if they don't have the centercaps in place you`ll have a hard time telling what they are. Nowadays anybody can make 3PC wheels but not everybody can make a 1PC."

Well the HRE monoblocks are nothing short of exceptional. The P40's will prob go down as one of the best selling wheels they have had to date and are stunning.

Your postings so far on team sure do sound like you work for or own MORR Wheels

Old 11-08-2008, 08:05 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
crimsone90 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by haudimal
Interesting post. Don´t get me wrong, but do you have some kind of a proof for your statements - I don´t say that i think you´re one of those trolls but you are Nov. reg with 2 postings....

I really want to believe your arguments, but maybe you´re a 10 yr. old kid (what I don´t think right now!!) And I´m with you, as long as the product is fine, i can stand some probs with the custom service;-)
I really don't know how I can proof myself to you, I guess you can ask me questions a 10-year old won't be able to answer

Old 11-08-2008, 08:08 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Originally Posted by DJ
"I had a set of HRE and It took over 3 months for my set to arrive and they had been making that style for years. Had problems balancing, then vibrations and then keeping the damn lip looking polished. Take a look at 3PC wheels and if they don't have the centercaps in place you`ll have a hard time telling what they are. Nowadays anybody can make 3PC wheels but not everybody can make a 1PC."

Well the HRE monoblocks are nothing short of exceptional. The P40's will prob go down as one of the best selling wheels they have had to date and are stunning.

Your postings so far on team sure do sound like you work for or own MORR Wheels
I`ll have to 100% agree with you on the fact that the HRE Monoblok series is a step up in what should undeniable be HRE's level of quality and performance. Too bad they cost so much.

I've owned 2 sets of MORRs on my previous 335i and have a set on order for my E92 M3. I have done consulting for a lot of wheel companies (including HRE and MORR) so I`m always changing wheels

Old 11-09-2008, 04:48 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
haudimal has a reputation beyond reputehaudimal has a reputation beyond reputehaudimal has a reputation beyond reputehaudimal has a reputation beyond reputehaudimal has a reputation beyond reputehaudimal has a reputation beyond reputehaudimal has a reputation beyond reputehaudimal has a reputation beyond reputehaudimal has a reputation beyond reputehaudimal has a reputation beyond reputehaudimal has a reputation beyond repute
I really don't know how I can proof myself to you, I guess you can ask me questions a 10-year old won't be able to answer
Start with a picture of you with a sign " I am not Jox"

Honestly - good question Maybe you have an source that Neez is a two men company?

Old 11-09-2008, 10:28 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Originally Posted by haudimal
Start with a picture of you with a sign " I am not Jox"

Honestly - good question Maybe you have an source that Neez is a two men company?
NEEZ manufactures their wheels at Taneisya which is the same factory used by Champion. In order words, they are a Distributor and not an actual manufacturer. I`m a personal friend of Ramesh Narwani, COO of Champion, and in one of our many conversations NEEZ has come up as a topic and we have discussed this plenty of times. I think their poor distribution network is a consequence of their limited man power as well.

Old 11-09-2008, 11:28 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Jack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond repute
HRE P40's are much nicer then these sorry

crimsone90 let's see some pics on your cars, maybe I will change my thinking .....

Old 11-09-2008, 12:07 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
RedlineMotorworks is a jewel in the roughRedlineMotorworks is a jewel in the roughRedlineMotorworks is a jewel in the roughRedlineMotorworks is a jewel in the roughRedlineMotorworks is a jewel in the roughRedlineMotorworks is a jewel in the roughRedlineMotorworks is a jewel in the roughRedlineMotorworks is a jewel in the roughRedlineMotorworks is a jewel in the roughRedlineMotorworks is a jewel in the roughRedlineMotorworks is a jewel in the rough
Here is a link to our website with a little more reading material for those who are interested.

http://www.redline-motorworks.com/product/MorrVS8-997GB

I have also added a sign up list in the original post!

Last edited by RedlineMotorworks; 11-09-2008 at 12:09 PM.
Old 11-09-2008, 02:08 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
.... I think their poor distribution network.....
+1

Old 11-09-2008, 07:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute
Great looking wheels would like to see what they look like in black.

Quick Reply: Gauging Interest! Morr Alloys VS8 Forged Wheels