Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Gauging Interest! Morr Alloys VS8 Forged Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 02:08 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
haudimal has a reputation beyond reputehaudimal has a reputation beyond reputehaudimal has a reputation beyond reputehaudimal has a reputation beyond reputehaudimal has a reputation beyond reputehaudimal has a reputation beyond reputehaudimal has a reputation beyond reputehaudimal has a reputation beyond reputehaudimal has a reputation beyond reputehaudimal has a reputation beyond reputehaudimal has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by crimsone90
Not really. The VS8 Profile, Inner Lip, Spoke width and Spoke design is different. They look similar because both are 7-Spoke & both are concave wheels. If you make the HRE P40 concave it`ll also look like a copy of the NEEZ just because of the spoke pattern.
OK - i thought I remember an ad somewhere in a forum where these Morrs were announced as a Neez Copy to a much lower price.

But obviously I´m wrong

Old 11-07-2008, 02:39 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
bbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond repute
Technically, the Neez is also a design copy off the BBS CSL wheel for the BMW. So if anything...BBS was the original.

Old 11-07-2008, 06:19 PM
Teamspeed Member
ALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond repute
Very true bobby.

Outside of some of the customer complaints about customer service he does make a nice wheel. The are forged and not "forgery" as some might have implied.

I happen to like the wheel and if you thought customer service was bad with MORR have you tried to contact NEEZ USA? No return calls, no email returns, no pricing structure, no dealer structure in place, etc.etc. They make a Porsche Offset for the Turbo 997 but who has a set and other than the white caymen they went on who has a set? What is the retail price? The last I heard they were like $1200/$1400 per wheel and at $4800.00 per set the pricing on the MORR could be a little better to get a "SWING" voters

I like the concavity of this wheel in the rear and the small concavity in the fronts. I vote for this wheel to put it into play. I have already made it clear before on 6speed that I like this wheel.

I think we need to open up our eyes to other options out there. I have read the BMW boards about MORR wheels and the complaints about customer service is resolvable as a BAD wheel is not. They have had more good reviews than bad. I would like to see this wheel get into production.

Old 11-07-2008, 06:38 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
bbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond repute
We gotta get this Group Buy to work...I want'em.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:56 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
RedlineMotorworks is a jewel in the roughRedlineMotorworks is a jewel in the roughRedlineMotorworks is a jewel in the roughRedlineMotorworks is a jewel in the roughRedlineMotorworks is a jewel in the roughRedlineMotorworks is a jewel in the roughRedlineMotorworks is a jewel in the roughRedlineMotorworks is a jewel in the roughRedlineMotorworks is a jewel in the roughRedlineMotorworks is a jewel in the roughRedlineMotorworks is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by bbywu
We gotta get this Group Buy to work...I want'em.
I agree!

For those who are interested, please email me at info@redline-motorworks.com

Old 11-07-2008, 09:35 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
RedlineMotorworks is a jewel in the roughRedlineMotorworks is a jewel in the roughRedlineMotorworks is a jewel in the roughRedlineMotorworks is a jewel in the roughRedlineMotorworks is a jewel in the roughRedlineMotorworks is a jewel in the roughRedlineMotorworks is a jewel in the roughRedlineMotorworks is a jewel in the roughRedlineMotorworks is a jewel in the roughRedlineMotorworks is a jewel in the roughRedlineMotorworks is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by ATL-Porsche
they look nice in silver on the e46 for sure. How much do they weigh?
They weigh around 20 pounds for the fronts and 23 for the rear.

Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
It feels like a stupid question but are these wheels a forged product?
These are forged wheels (8000 ton die-forged)

Last edited by RedlineMotorworks; 11-09-2008 at 12:05 PM.
Old 11-08-2008, 02:22 AM
Teamspeed Pro
911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute
these wheels look great!! i honestly beleived that such wheels look great only on a bimmer, but damn, they look amazing on the porsche!! thanks alot..

Old 11-08-2008, 09:36 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
infanterene is an unknown quantity at this point
I would like a set but I would'nt pay over $4000. More than than and I would go with HRE.

Old 11-08-2008, 10:06 AM
Teamspeed Member
ALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond repute
that would be 4 ppl - in - a few more

Old 11-08-2008, 11:20 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
crimsone90 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by ALPINE_997
Very true bobby.

Outside of some of the customer complaints about customer service he does make a nice wheel. The are forged and not "forgery" as some might have implied.

I happen to like the wheel and if you thought customer service was bad with MORR have you tried to contact NEEZ USA? No return calls, no email returns, no pricing structure, no dealer structure in place, etc.etc. They make a Porsche Offset for the Turbo 997 but who has a set and other than the white caymen they went on who has a set? What is the retail price? The last I heard they were like $1200/$1400 per wheel and at $4800.00 per set the pricing on the MORR could be a little better to get a "SWING" voters

I like the concavity of this wheel in the rear and the small concavity in the fronts. I vote for this wheel to put it into play. I have already made it clear before on 6speed that I like this wheel.

I think we need to open up our eyes to other options out there. I have read the BMW boards about MORR wheels and the complaints about customer service is resolvable as a BAD wheel is not. They have had more good reviews than bad. I would like to see this wheel get into production.
NEEZ is a two man operated company in Japan.... Now the tendency from manufacturers is "my products are good because they are expensive".

I seriously got tired of the "My wheels are more expensive than yours" trend. I work in the automotive industry as a automotive wheel consultant and I know where everybody makes their wheels and how much it cost them to make it. There is no reason why HRE should charge $5600 for a set of wheels and NEEZ $6200/set but MORR can't. It now has become really a matter of how much you are willing to pay for a set of centercaps.

I had a set of HRE and It took over 3 months for my set to arrive and they had been making that style for years. Had problems balancing, then vibrations and then keeping the damn lip looking polished. Take a look at 3PC wheels and if they don't have the centercaps in place you`ll have a hard time telling what they are. Nowadays anybody can make 3PC wheels but not everybody can make a 1PC.

I have owned both 19" VS7 and 19" VS8 on my 335 and after owning dozens of wheels and seen how they are manufactured I can testify it has been one of the best designed, best engineered, and best looking wheel that I have seen and own in a BMW. I have never seem so much class in a wheel. They design wheels specifically for each platform and they make sure the design flows with the vehicles lines.

It did take some time for my VS7 and my VS8 to arrive but they are making a wheel from scratch and are charging over $2000 less than their competitors.

My point is they have had some bad customer service reviews due to a delay in the coating process of the wheel done by their coaters in Ohio but look closely and they have had ZERO negative feedback regarding the quality of their wheels. You will not know what a performance wheel is until you carry a 19.6lb 19" wheel in your hands and hand it to the tire installer and watch the reaction in this face.

I now have an E92 M3 and I`m currently buying again from Carlos. My experience with them has been so satisfying that I'll own MORR wheels for as long as I own cars. I`m getting a 2010 GT3 and will love to have some VS8 Magnesium on that beast

Quick Reply: Gauging Interest! Morr Alloys VS8 Forged Wheels