Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

My Black 997 Turbo Might Be History

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 11:17 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Jack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ATL-Porsche
If you squint really hard, Stryke looks like a frog sometimes too. But I just keep my opinions to myself.

Old 11-04-2008, 11:21 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Stryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond repute
Jack, I saw the post you made about me not being a Porsche guy if the first one I like was a 996. You're right. I am not loyal to any brand. I just like cars and I try out all different ones alot.

Old 11-04-2008, 11:25 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Gil he asked me to remove it as he didn't want to be "mean"

Old 11-04-2008, 11:38 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Bill anyone interested yet on the car ?

Old 11-04-2008, 12:26 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Stryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond repute
But I got an email notification with his reply. It's not mean, he is right, it's true. LOL

Old 11-04-2008, 01:49 PM
Teamspeed Member
Red Devil has a reputation beyond reputeRed Devil has a reputation beyond reputeRed Devil has a reputation beyond reputeRed Devil has a reputation beyond reputeRed Devil has a reputation beyond reputeRed Devil has a reputation beyond reputeRed Devil has a reputation beyond reputeRed Devil has a reputation beyond reputeRed Devil has a reputation beyond reputeRed Devil has a reputation beyond reputeRed Devil has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Stryke
Overall look. The 996TT looks aggressive to me, the 997 just looks like a frog with the round headlights. Maybe it will grow on me one day but right now I just can't "feel" it.

Uh-oh. After all these years I finally agree with him on something. I will say I do like the 997s more now then when i first saw it, but still prefer the 996.

Old 11-04-2008, 02:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
thanks for the feedback Stryke, I am on the other side of the fence I always loved Porsche's "frog" shape and it kept on getting better and better it peaked at the 993 the pinnacle of which was the GT2. The 996 however, was a break in tradition to say the least not only were they water cooled but they abandoned so many classic design cues like the headlamps and the red reflector stripe. The 997 IMO is Porsche's return to the right path in terms of design.To each his own I guess

Last edited by like.no.other; 11-04-2008 at 02:04 PM.
Old 11-04-2008, 02:37 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Yes sir, it is great to have options and varying opinions.

Old 11-04-2008, 03:12 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
drbill is a glorious beacon of lightdrbill is a glorious beacon of lightdrbill is a glorious beacon of lightdrbill is a glorious beacon of lightdrbill is a glorious beacon of lightdrbill is a glorious beacon of lightdrbill is a glorious beacon of lightdrbill is a glorious beacon of lightdrbill is a glorious beacon of lightdrbill is a glorious beacon of lightdrbill is a glorious beacon of light
Stryke , start a new thread on why you like the look of the 996. This thread is heading away from the subject at heart. Darren, i have a few bites on the car and thanks again buddy for everything.

Old 11-04-2008, 03:19 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Dave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond repute
Bill, first off: Do all of your kids really have to go to college?
Secondly, send one of them over to Northern Europe, where college is free and keep the car.
Or...sell the car privately and get more dough back and find a cheaper 996tt, 60k seems high and 100k seems low. You don't have to take it in the bum on both ways in the trade, you know.

Quick Reply: My Black 997 Turbo Might Be History