Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Probably Canceling my TT order....and some thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 01:57 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Good choice, why not wait for the 998 911's by that time I am sure you would of recovered from the outcome of the financial crises towards your assets.

Old 10-18-2008, 03:05 AM
Teamspeed Pro
U-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
Good choice, why not wait for the 998 911's by that time I am sure you would of recovered from the outcome of the financial crises towards your assets.
And since the 991 (ahem 998) is supposed to weigh 10% less than the 997, it will be a real monster to drive.

Dave, I am sure you'll make the right decision for you. You've always been a N/A guy. You know you don't need the Turdo. It's overkill in 99% of the situations you'll be driving the car. I was actually surprised when I heard that you were going with the Turdo.

Old 10-18-2008, 03:06 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by U Boat Commander
And since the 991 (ahem 998) is supposed to weigh 10% less than the 997, it will be a real monster to drive.

Dave, I am sure you'll make the right decision for you. You've always been a N/A guy. You know you don't need the Turdo. It's overkill in 99% of the situations you'll be driving the car. I was actually surprised when I heard that you were going with the Turdo.
Thats great, I am also a naturally aspirated fan.

Old 10-18-2008, 08:46 AM
ATL
Teamspeed Pro
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
Good luck dave, when there is doubt, there is no doubt. I'd hold off, it sounds like it'll take some weight off your shoulders and in the meantime you'll have a fun car to track and mess around with to hold you over.

Old 10-18-2008, 09:54 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Sheikh.Dani has a reputation beyond reputeSheikh.Dani has a reputation beyond reputeSheikh.Dani has a reputation beyond reputeSheikh.Dani has a reputation beyond reputeSheikh.Dani has a reputation beyond reputeSheikh.Dani has a reputation beyond reputeSheikh.Dani has a reputation beyond reputeSheikh.Dani has a reputation beyond reputeSheikh.Dani has a reputation beyond reputeSheikh.Dani has a reputation beyond reputeSheikh.Dani has a reputation beyond repute
Good luck, you are making definitely a wise decision. Keep & Learn more on your current C4S, you have plenty of time to get the TT, plus, as someone said, you could go directly to the 998.

Old 10-18-2008, 11:04 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Coochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TT Gasman
Overheating is not the problem. it's oil starvation. A third radiator will help with cooling for sure, You will need to source the X51 / motorsports oiling upgrade ASAP if you plan to seriously track the car.
I've heard of people doing that and I'll consider it if the C4S becomes more of a track car. Next season I'm planning about 10 track days which may or may not include the 'free' Boxster!

Old 10-18-2008, 11:08 AM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry that you're broke . . .

Kidding of course. I think it's a wise decision and would probably do the same.

Old 10-18-2008, 11:10 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Coochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
Originally Posted by U Boat Commander

Originally Posted by ATL-Porsche
Good luck dave, when there is doubt, there is no doubt. I'd hold off, it sounds like it'll take some weight off your shoulders and in the meantime you'll have a fun car to track and mess around with to hold you over.
Originally Posted by Sheikh.Dani
Good luck, you are making definitely a wise decision. Keep & Learn more on your current C4S, you have plenty of time to get the TT, plus, as someone said, you could go directly to the 998.
Thanks guys.
I'm a little blue about it but I feel like it's the right thing to do now.
As for the N/A side, my last car was an Audi TT 225 Revo and I admit that I did love the feel of the boost. But you're right, I don't 'need' the HP for my 'applications.'

Then again, and quoting from the movie "Big Chill,"

-"Rationalizations are more important than sex"
-"Nah, nothing's more important than sex."
-"Oh yeah, did you ever go a week without a rationalization?"

Old 10-18-2008, 11:38 AM
Teamspeed MVP
Smoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond repute
Doc, in todays' economy, you have alot to be thankful for. To even consider purchasing a TT in this mess is a blessing. I simply would be satisfied with the C4S as you have suggested. That machine properly set-up can still be very exhillerating. The advantage that your Mother is gifting you the Boxter is icing on the cake. Good luck in your decision and I really think you have already made the WISE decision to wait.. All the best, Pops/Kenny

Old 10-18-2008, 11:43 AM
Teamspeed Pro
RDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond repute
Dave here's my 2 cents:

1st, as winter rolls into Boston I would highly suggest to start racing with us at BostonF1 league racing. Your driving skills will exponentially improve by next spring.

2nd you need the following mods to the bumble bee:
- Brembo
- Moton
- GMG Dog bone kit
- GT3 light weight clutch kit
- Light weight wheels (HRE Mono block?)
- GIAC ECU Upgrade

Let me know when your next track day is and I'll see if I can join you.

Quick Reply: Probably Canceling my TT order....and some thoughts