Notices
458 | 430 | 360 Ferrari 458 Italia, F430/360, Scuderia/Stradale, Discussion Forum.

Ferrari 458 Speciale Review By Autocar

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 05:38 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by joshg120
I identify with many of the sentiments expressed, but honestly the design has grown on me and I'm willing to dismiss any design shortcomings by the sheer presence and veracity of the thing
That is certainly a good point! Me too, I'm a guy that sets more value on how a car feels and drives than on how it looks. However, this goes more for budget cars than for a $250,000 supercar. In that case, I want it to be a beauty - to my eyes of course.

There's another point I wanna make here: I figure what I dislike about all modern Ferraris is that not only they became uglier (to my eyes) but also that they became so smooth and perfect and easy to drive and even comfy - without any real flaws. The older Ferraris that I truly love (say a Challenge Stradale or a 575) not only are less often subject of design arguments but also are less perfect. They had some downsides, were harder to drive, more ferocious - just traits that come to my mind when thinking about a Ferrari. Porsche makes the perfect car, that does everything so well...but a Ferrari has to be inperfect...sort of...
I hope you get my point

Last edited by Maxtheone; 11-11-2013 at 05:41 PM.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:07 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
It's killer, but it's never gonna be as fun as an F40. That's an iconic car for all time, and this 458 won't ever reach that status. You give me the choice to cruise around town in either car, and I pick the F40 for decades. There is a "fun" factor in the F40 with everyone's chin hitting the ground when you drive by that a 458 won't reach. I compare that comment to saying the GT2RS is more fun than the Carrera GT.

Old 11-11-2013, 10:41 PM
Teamspeed Member
Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by GTCole
It's killer, but it's never gonna be as fun as an F40. That's an iconic car for all time, and this 458 won't ever reach that status. You give me the choice to cruise around town in either car, and I pick the F40 for decades. There is a "fun" factor in the F40 with everyone's chin hitting the ground when you drive by that a 458 won't reach. I compare that comment to saying the GT2RS is more fun than the Carrera GT.
So eloquently stated and right on the money, the F40 and Carrera GT's are true icons rather than supped up versions of existing cars. Out of the three, IMHO the Challenge Stradale is my favorite of the three Ferrari V8 Specials. And Luca needs to put his ego in check, and let PF work on design once again and someone else to name the cars (i.e. LaFerrari and Speciale).

Old 11-12-2013, 09:44 AM
Teamspeed Pro
alwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond repute
^^^ that's why I traded in the CS for a Scuderia; it retains a lot of the beautiful lines I love from the CS with a flare of the Enzo, yet is even more fun and raw behind the wheel, and it's just as fast if not faster than a 458.

I had both the CS & Scuderia in parallel for a few months, went for the Scuderia key 9 out of 10 times.

And oh, I think it's unfair to compare a Speciale to an F40 but if both were in my garage, I'm pretty darn sure 10 out of 10 times if go for the F40 keys. Maybe I'll drive the Speciale when the F40 is in the shop or take it out on the track to piss off MP4 owners