Notices
458 | 430 | 360 Ferrari 458 Italia, F430/360, Scuderia/Stradale, Discussion Forum.

F430 Scuderia or 458 Italia?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 10:34 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
QuantumN420 is on a distinguished roadQuantumN420 is on a distinguished roadQuantumN420 is on a distinguished road
Question F430 Scuderia or 458 Italia?

Hey everyone! I have been a long time viewer of the forum and finally registered so I can now be a part of this community!

I am in the process of selling my 2011 Aston Martin Vantage N420, and was looking at going to a 458 Italia, but now may be leaning towards a F430 Scuderia. I am sure this has been talked about many times on this forum, I just can't seem to find it anywhere.

For those on here that have had both, have driven both, etc....could you walk me through your opinion? Here is sort of where my thought process is:

Pros of going with F430 vs Italia:

- Already has taken it's big depreciation hit: you can't find a low mileage '08 or '09 for high 100s. I have seen Italia's priced from 275 - 300k still used and I feel like once the Spyder comes out a lot more owners will be flooding the market with their inventory to get the next best thing. I can see easily losing 60 - 80k in 2 years with the Italia.

- More fun to drive? I put a question mark here because I have seen people say the Scud is more raw, and fun to drive. But the again, I have seen people stand behind the Italia as the best Ferrari ever made. So this is where I need people to chime in that has had both or have driven both to tell me the pros and cons of each.

Pros of going with an Italia vs F430:

- the latest and greatest Ferrari. From technology to looks, I haven't seen one bad review on the car.

- Since I am only having the car as a weekend driver and not going to the track, more fun cruising around?

I look forward to hearing what everyone suggests, and if this topic has already been beaten to death, please find it in your heart to forgive this new forum member

Last edited by QuantumN420; 02-12-2012 at 10:37 AM.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:42 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Duff Man has a reputation beyond reputeDuff Man has a reputation beyond reputeDuff Man has a reputation beyond reputeDuff Man has a reputation beyond reputeDuff Man has a reputation beyond reputeDuff Man has a reputation beyond reputeDuff Man has a reputation beyond reputeDuff Man has a reputation beyond reputeDuff Man has a reputation beyond reputeDuff Man has a reputation beyond reputeDuff Man has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to the team mate

I neither had a 458 nor a Scuderia, but I think this is the perfect criterion to get the Scuderia plus you gonna save a lot of money.

Old 02-12-2012, 11:32 AM
Banned
UserGuest_134 is a name known to allUserGuest_134 is a name known to allUserGuest_134 is a name known to allUserGuest_134 is a name known to allUserGuest_134 is a name known to allUserGuest_134 is a name known to allUserGuest_134 is a name known to allUserGuest_134 is a name known to allUserGuest_134 is a name known to allUserGuest_134 is a name known to allUserGuest_134 is a name known to all
until 458 prices in the US crap out, like they have in Europe

Old 02-12-2012, 11:48 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Best advice is to drive both and see how you like them.

I've only driven the 458 Italia, haven't driven a Scuderia.

Old 02-12-2012, 12:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond repute
458 if it seems to be weekend joy rides, 430 scud if you wanna take to the track but you need to look into different brake pads etc for tracking

the 458 is great track weapon too but i saw a friend go through a set of stock rear pads in 6 30min sessions. thats not even an entire 2 day weekend and he's not an insanely fast driver

Old 02-12-2012, 12:37 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
scud is not very nice inside or as good as a gt3rs on track. 458 wins for me.

Old 02-12-2012, 01:00 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
I'd go for a Scud any day of the week, and twice on Sunday's... You can still find them at zero miles on mobile.de

Old 02-12-2012, 01:06 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
you sound like a 458 kinda guy

Old 02-12-2012, 01:10 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Not driven the 458 but have driven the Scud. Lots of guys with them here should have solid opinions... h20, RufMD etc

Personally I would go with the Scud. Less electronic nannies, more raw, better looking +100000. If it's a weekend car should be something special... Why get the amenities of the 458? Only my opinion, but a Scud is much closer to what I think a Ferrari should be than a 458.

However if it's just about having the latest release, then your decision was really already made

Old 02-12-2012, 01:12 PM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cstroked
Bla bla bla bla bla I'd rather drive a Prius.
Ahh, gotcha!

Quick Reply: F430 Scuderia or 458 Italia?