Notices
458 | 430 | 360 Ferrari 458 Italia, F430/360, Scuderia/Stradale, Discussion Forum.

Downshifting

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 06:06 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
albert_hyc is an unknown quantity at this point
Downshifting

Dear Ferrari owners,

Do you downshift ur ferrari to gear 1? I test drove my friend's 430 and i was told not to downshift to gear 1 as there is no need too. And i tried a few times and the car jerk like it want my organs to misplace.

Hope anyone can clarify this for me. Or does this only applied to the 430 and not on 458 and ff?

Thanks guys

Old 01-23-2012, 06:07 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
Why would you downshift to 1st gear in any car?

Old 01-23-2012, 06:13 PM
Banned
gmaccormack is an unknown quantity at this point
Put it in H

Old 01-23-2012, 06:25 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Originally Posted by vtgts300kw
Why would you downshift to 1st gear in any car?
As in i was driving in manual mode and slowly down towards a traffic light, i down shifted from gear 3 to gear 1. And why would i not downshift to 1st gear? The rev downshifting sound made me feel like a kid haha

Old 01-23-2012, 06:28 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
In My Turbo I do on occasion, if I dont want it to do it automatically when I stop like when I am e tering my driveway which is steep from the street I put it into first. There is no harm in doing so on any Dual Clutch tranny.

Old 01-24-2012, 12:04 PM
WSC
Teamspeed Junior Member
WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by gmaccormack
Put it in H

Old 01-24-2012, 01:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
mannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond repute
I never understood downshifting in manual as you come to a stop. Just neutral and ride the brake.

Old 01-24-2012, 01:08 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Dunner has a reputation beyond reputeDunner has a reputation beyond reputeDunner has a reputation beyond reputeDunner has a reputation beyond reputeDunner has a reputation beyond reputeDunner has a reputation beyond reputeDunner has a reputation beyond reputeDunner has a reputation beyond reputeDunner has a reputation beyond reputeDunner has a reputation beyond reputeDunner has a reputation beyond repute
The real question is why you were doing something you were explicitly told not to do while driving somebody else's very expensive car?

Old 01-24-2012, 01:33 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Darksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura about
You could downshift consecutively till you get to gear 1 but for me its pointless. Call me lazy but I just tap both paddle shifters which puts it into neutral and I just cruise to a complete stop.

Old 01-24-2012, 02:20 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
I think there is a misunderstanding here. I am not driving a manual f430 here. I was using the paddle shift.

Quick Reply: Downshifting