Notices
458 | 430 | 360 Ferrari 458 Italia, F430/360, Scuderia/Stradale, Discussion Forum.

Corso Pilota at BIC

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 02:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Corso Pilota at BIC

Corso Pilota at BIC
Teamspeed members gather for a fun filled track day at the world famous Bahrain International Circuit

Today was a fun filled Ferrari day at Bahrain International Circuit as the Corso Pilota was in town!
Offered since 2006 and based on the Corso Pilota program available in Italy, the FERRARI DRIVING EXPERIENCE is an exclusive two-day precision driving school that allows Ferrari Owners and special guests to experience the performance of a Ferrari in the controlled environment of a race track.

Students drive the all-new 458 Italia, 599 HGTE and California on the panoramic and challenging Circuit Mont-Tremblant, a former Formula One venue.

The instructional team is a host of current and former professional racers. Among them are veteran Grand-Am drivers Jeff Segal and two-time Rolex 24-Hour champions (GT) J.F. Dumoulin and Anthony Lazzaro.

During the two day program, students learn various driving techniques including threshold braking, weight transfer, managing acceleration,identifying the ideal driving line on track and discovering the limits of vehicle adhesion in both wet and dry driving situations.

Although the setting is a race track, the FERRARI DRIVING EXPERIENCE is not a racing school. The focus is on learning to drive and control a Ferrari properly and to understand and communicate with the vehicle. Graduates are then better prepared to face challenging driving situations with an enhanced sense of awareness and greater precision. The school takes a step-by-step approach that starts with an important discussion of vehicle dynamics, or why cars behave the way they do. Skills are progressively developed before students lap the complete Mont-Tremblant race track.
Picked up my car from the dealer early in the day after a little late night rain...

and headed to BIC for a bit of driving and a lot of...

Met up with a few TS members there, so hopefully they will post some of their piXXX. Here are a few of mine

The Captain was there...

and this was available for testing

Last edited by GrayTT; 01-14-2012 at 03:56 PM.
Old 01-14-2012, 02:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
The short course outside was fun
I believe the best time was in the tune of 23.10 seconds... I was a whole second off that

F458 on a short circuit outside BIC - YouTube

Few iPhone pix

Old 01-14-2012, 02:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
Looks like alot of fun! I have always been a fan of those carbon sideskirts.

Which of your stable is most fun on the track?

Old 01-14-2012, 03:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by HarveyMushman
Looks like alot of fun! I have always been a fan of those carbon sideskirts.

Which of your stable is most fun on the track?
Have yet to track the RS cause of travel schedule... the Scuderia is loads of fun and very well balanced the feel the tone etc blows me away every time
Here is a vid of a warm up lap I took, notice the kick in every gear change

Pilota at Bahrain International Circuit - YouTube

But now and after today... I am thinking I want (NEED) a F430 Challenge

Last edited by GrayTT; 01-14-2012 at 03:11 PM.
Old 01-14-2012, 03:08 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
Very cool!!!
Would you mind sharing some of your experiences there?
What was interesting/less cool,what did you do etc

Old 01-14-2012, 03:21 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by ECB
Very cool!!!
Thank you
Originally Posted by ECB
Would you mind sharing some of your experiences there?
The Corso Pilota was great
F-car owners in Bahrain were invited to come and test out there cars and skills on BIC... and if they like can have access to a Ferrari instructor
Originally Posted by ECB
What was interesting/less cool,what did you do etc
What was really nice is that all the dust of the track was washed away by the rain over night, so the surface was dust free and cool. I have been on the BIC GP track many time but never had a professional read my telemetry... that was a huge mistake!!! the guy shaved 4-5 seconds of my pace in about 2 hours

Oh and I got to use a new up I downloaded called "Harry's Laptimer"

Great App for anyone that tracks

sorry... felt that I was being interviewed

Last edited by GrayTT; 01-14-2012 at 03:24 PM.
Old 01-14-2012, 03:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
A few more pix... oh look Green was here

Yeah... we cool like dat

a GTO made it too

Old 01-14-2012, 03:52 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
lol...the interview can stop here,all questions answered

oh,wait....what about that trophy you`ve posted?

what was your ranking? hehe

Old 01-14-2012, 04:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute
Today was a blast! I agree with GrayTT, I NEED a challenge car too!!! lol My stock steel brakes just aren't good enough, I need to at least upgrade to a bigger steel, slotted, brembo setup in the future hopefully Looking forward to next year!

Old 01-15-2012, 01:24 AM
Teamspeed Pro
430berlinetta shall we try to get a group buy!???!??

A few more piX

Cooling off

Quick Reply: Corso Pilota at BIC