Notices
458 | 430 | 360 Ferrari 458 Italia, F430/360, Scuderia/Stradale, Discussion Forum.

How to Transform Your 458 in 20 Minutes

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 10:23 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Bronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond repute
+1 on getting a video in here! Sounds too easy to work

Old 05-22-2011, 11:32 AM
ljg
Teamspeed Pro
ljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond repute
Golf tee mods are done on many cars. Anything with a vacuum actuated flap, i.e. pretty much all the cars you see on the road with one clean and one dirty tail pipe, can benefit in the low end noise department.

Old 05-27-2011, 09:25 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
JPanamera has a reputation beyond reputeJPanamera has a reputation beyond reputeJPanamera has a reputation beyond reputeJPanamera has a reputation beyond reputeJPanamera has a reputation beyond reputeJPanamera has a reputation beyond reputeJPanamera has a reputation beyond reputeJPanamera has a reputation beyond reputeJPanamera has a reputation beyond reputeJPanamera has a reputation beyond reputeJPanamera has a reputation beyond repute
BMW 335 is another car that you can do this too.

Old 05-27-2011, 09:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond repute
In for he video.

Old 05-28-2011, 10:21 AM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
Let me guess, unplug the tubes and stick the tees in there? A buddy of mine was just telling me about this trick last night.

Can't wait to see the video too!

Old 05-28-2011, 10:37 AM
Teamspeed Pro
parealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond repute
will a Q tip work? How about a tampon? Just trying to get the costs down... Plus with the tampon it can come in handy with all the pu$$y you would get in your meaner sounding 458.

Last edited by parealtor; 05-28-2011 at 10:38 AM.
Old 05-28-2011, 11:49 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
fat cab has a reputation beyond reputefat cab has a reputation beyond reputefat cab has a reputation beyond reputefat cab has a reputation beyond reputefat cab has a reputation beyond reputefat cab has a reputation beyond reputefat cab has a reputation beyond reputefat cab has a reputation beyond reputefat cab has a reputation beyond reputefat cab has a reputation beyond reputefat cab has a reputation beyond repute
Old 05-28-2011, 03:29 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I googled this and found this guide (specifically for 1 series though) by User "FreeBMW.net"

This mod will yeild a slightly louder exhaust note below 3000 rpm which is when the valve would normaly open. This method will not cause a CEL/MIL or be detectable by a scan of the DME/ECU but it can be seen pretty easy if visually inspected.

Needed items: two 3/16th vacum line plugs, one 3/16 vacum line male/male barbed fitting and about 15 mins.

The procedure:

1. Park car on level surface and set parking brake. I also recomend using a wheel chauk to prevent the car from rolling onto you in a freak acident.

2. Crawl under the car right behind the drivers side rear wheel and locate the flapper valve actuator on the left exhuast tip tubing. It will have a black hose with a yellow stripe pluged in to the actuator.

3. Remove the hose from the actuator by pulling and twisting on the hose.

4. On the actuator use one of the 3/16 vacum plugs and plug and cover the nipple you just pulled the hose off of.

5. Put the other vacum plug on one end of the male/male barbed fitting.

6. Use the plugged male/male barbed fitting to plug the open hose you removed from the actuator.

7. Tuck the plugged hose behind the metal bumper support.

8. Start the car and enjoy the new found grumble.

An optional install would be to have the car running while you pull the vacum hose from the actuator. you will hear the flapper open and the new sound. Make sure the car is not in gear so you dont run yourself over and dont let it run too long or the exhasut could get hot.

Pics below....

DIY: Golf tee mod / exhaust flapper disable w/ pictures - BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

Unrelated (as far as I know) video guide on how to do it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7go7fK5-_6M

Last edited by D.Liu; 05-28-2011 at 03:38 PM.
Old 05-29-2011, 12:21 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Cant wait to see the video, I've just done a similar modification to a AM DBS and it sounds phenomenal. I've just saved my uncle the $ of getting an aftermarket exhaust, the exhaust note is fantastic and the best thing is that the dealership did it for free.

The 458 sounds phenomenal from the outside once the valves open up, just wish it sounds as loud as the F430 in idle. Hope this solves it.

Old 05-29-2011, 01:02 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
antny74 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!antny74 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!antny74 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!antny74 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!antny74 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!antny74 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!antny74 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!antny74 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!antny74 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!antny74 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!antny74 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
cannot wait to hear this, I wonder how difficult a similar mod would be for my lp560

Quick Reply: How to Transform Your 458 in 20 Minutes