Notices
458 | 430 | 360 Ferrari 458 Italia, F430/360, Scuderia/Stradale, Discussion Forum.

New member needs advice - 360CS or Scud?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 11:47 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
silversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond repute
Own a CS, driven both...if I had to make your decision now, I'd probably go with a Scuderia although I have no intention of selling my CS anytime soon.

Old 05-04-2011, 09:44 PM
Teamspeed Member
The Credit Man has a reputation beyond reputeThe Credit Man has a reputation beyond reputeThe Credit Man has a reputation beyond reputeThe Credit Man has a reputation beyond reputeThe Credit Man has a reputation beyond reputeThe Credit Man has a reputation beyond reputeThe Credit Man has a reputation beyond reputeThe Credit Man has a reputation beyond reputeThe Credit Man has a reputation beyond reputeThe Credit Man has a reputation beyond reputeThe Credit Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Plumber
BTW, anyone here who has driven or owns both cars? Would appreciate their experience with the two
I have owned a Scuderia and two Stradales. I no longer own the Scuderia, but still own a CS. (I also own a Ford GT)

The Scuderia is faster, more capable. But the CS is more enjoyable in terms how it feels and how it looks and how it sounds. I find it to be a more enjoyable car to drive and own.

The CS does not have the "idiot proof" features that the Scud has, and I find that appealing as well. With the CS it's more you and the car VS the Scud where it's you, the car and a computer to keep you out of trouble.

In the U.S. at least, there are a lot more Scuderias available than Stradales. Nice, no story Challenge Stradales are getting hard to find. I think in the next few years nice Challenge Stradales will be near or equal to the price of Scuds. I liken a CS to a 993 Turbo and a Scud to a 996 Turbo.

Good luck my friend!

Old 05-07-2011, 09:37 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
InZane has a reputation beyond reputeInZane has a reputation beyond reputeInZane has a reputation beyond reputeInZane has a reputation beyond reputeInZane has a reputation beyond reputeInZane has a reputation beyond reputeInZane has a reputation beyond reputeInZane has a reputation beyond reputeInZane has a reputation beyond reputeInZane has a reputation beyond reputeInZane has a reputation beyond repute
CS all the way. Didn't see a single CS during my 18 years in the UAE so I guess rarity would be a definite advantage as well.
One question, though...how well will a Euro-spec CS handle the UAE's climate?

Old 05-07-2011, 05:36 PM
Teamspeed Member
Rascasse is a jewel in the roughRascasse is a jewel in the roughRascasse is a jewel in the roughRascasse is a jewel in the roughRascasse is a jewel in the roughRascasse is a jewel in the roughRascasse is a jewel in the roughRascasse is a jewel in the roughRascasse is a jewel in the roughRascasse is a jewel in the roughRascasse is a jewel in the rough
The Stradale to the Scuderia reminds me of the jump from the F40 to the F50.

Ferrari hit a home run dynamically with the F40. They did such a great job that they needed a follow up. Enter the F50.

I pretty much DD an F40 back in the '90s. It was an amazing driver's car. It rewarded skill and spat out poseurs. The F40 was a totally pure experience. When I drove an F50, it was similar and better, but to me was the synthetic version of the real thing. The only Ferrari I ever regret going away was the F40.

This can be transferred to the CS/Scud debate. The CS is a home run, and the more pure experience. The Scud might be faster (in the right hands), but it is a synthesized version of the real thing.... the CS. As much as I enjoyed driving the Scud, the CS to me is the more involving steer.

I let the F40 slip through my hands, the CS will be staying for good.

Old 05-07-2011, 09:10 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Clubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond repute
CS.

Looks better, more collectible, much bigger difference over the standard model unlike scud.
Besides, it's the car that started the stripe craziness in all Ferrari's.

And if you can find a race windowed version (slider/plastic), it is a modern days F40. Epic win

Old 05-08-2011, 01:05 AM
Teamspeed Pro
wyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond repute
Scud is a superior car in every objective measure. But the CS has all of the subjective appeal and affect.

I think it also depends how you want to use the car and how long you hope to own it for.

Old 05-08-2011, 09:31 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Plumber will become famous soon enoughPlumber will become famous soon enoughPlumber will become famous soon enoughPlumber will become famous soon enoughPlumber will become famous soon enoughPlumber will become famous soon enoughPlumber will become famous soon enough
Thanks a lot for all the advice everyone.. I like the f40/f50 analogy (albeit in a different league). I think it makes a lot of sense. The f50 will probably outperform the f40 in all measures but the f40 has more appeal. Also as inZane mentioned, not having seen one on Dubai roads adds to the appeal for me.

I'm on the hunt for a CS as we speak (race side windows and all!) and there's a lot of amazing colors to choose from) but i think i"ll go for black with the rosso / nero interior if i find one.

Old 05-08-2011, 12:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
wyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond repute
Black over the standard red alcantara interior is gorgeous. Stripe? What color wheels?

Old 05-08-2011, 01:24 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Plumber will become famous soon enoughPlumber will become famous soon enoughPlumber will become famous soon enoughPlumber will become famous soon enoughPlumber will become famous soon enoughPlumber will become famous soon enoughPlumber will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by InZane
One question, though...how well will a Euro-spec CS handle the UAE's climate?
Good question. Not sure tbh. There's a few Euro spec 430's and 599's around so i'm sure I can find out how they're holding up. Was told that the GCC spec is very close to American due to temperature similarities in many states.

Old 05-08-2011, 01:31 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by wyatth
Black over the standard red alcantara interior is gorgeous. Stripe? What color wheels?
Stripe for definite. Wheels - depends what I find, I can't be too picky!

I wonder what the standard 599gto wheels would look like on the CS or if in fact they'll fit at all? They look perfect on the scud and the 458 (seen a photoshop)

Quick Reply: New member needs advice - 360CS or Scud?