Notices
458 | 430 | 360 Ferrari 458 Italia, F430/360, Scuderia/Stradale, Discussion Forum.

Chris Harris's Rant: How Ferrari spins

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 10:44 AM
Teamspeed Member
Monaco has a spectacular aura aboutMonaco has a spectacular aura aboutMonaco has a spectacular aura aboutMonaco has a spectacular aura aboutMonaco has a spectacular aura aboutMonaco has a spectacular aura aboutMonaco has a spectacular aura aboutMonaco has a spectacular aura aboutMonaco has a spectacular aura aboutMonaco has a spectacular aura aboutMonaco has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by gvan
Right, but shouldn't the car I buy be at the top of it's game too?
That's the whole point! You should expect the same type of results with YOUR car. No one wants to buy a product that doesn't live up to it's results.

Old 02-19-2011, 11:13 AM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Originally Posted by gvan
Right, but shouldn't the car I buy be at the top of it's game too?
Theoretically yes; to play devil's advocate I would be willing to bet for a price Ferrari would optimize your car for the driving conditions it would be subjected to. In fact I'd think any of the high end mfgs would. I'm sure they'd file it under "tuning optimization to extract the most from the machine".

Old 02-19-2011, 11:59 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
streetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud of
I think most of us can conclude that a lot of car companies will optimise their cars for the journos. The point that Chris is trying to make and this has been backed up by Steven Sutcliffe of Autocar is the fact that they go to extremes to get a favourable result.

Steven wrote recently how on returning from a track test of the 458 the Ferrari techs were unhappy with the lap times he achieved and accused him of not trying hard enough. They then took the car away, played with the suspension and fitted a set of "Different" tyres if you know what I mean. They then ordered him to try again.

When he questioned this practice he was basically threatened with being struck off their preferred list.

And it is this kind of behaviour that Chris has ranted about.

Some have said that Chris is Porsche biased but his last two cars have been Ferrari's bought with his own money. As he has said the cars are good enough not to need this micro management.

Ferrari needs to be less paranoid and allow its cars to sell themselves

Old 02-19-2011, 04:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
RFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant future
I'm waiting for him to post the gto / gt2rs vid, etc.

Old 02-19-2011, 05:46 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
^^ +1!!

Old 02-20-2011, 11:37 AM
Teamspeed Member
belfiglio has a brilliant futurebelfiglio has a brilliant futurebelfiglio has a brilliant futurebelfiglio has a brilliant futurebelfiglio has a brilliant futurebelfiglio has a brilliant futurebelfiglio has a brilliant futurebelfiglio has a brilliant futurebelfiglio has a brilliant futurebelfiglio has a brilliant futurebelfiglio has a brilliant future
Arrow

And only Ferrari that masks the reality?

Strangely some Nissan GT-R was tested by a particular journalist, what his real name, the yes, Chris Harris , who likes to be fair, in its opinion on the machine Nissan

YouTube - Drivers Republic: GT2 vs GTR comparison around the Nürburgring

Chris Harris of the righteous truth, correct, honest,

Chris Harris you do not know that the Nissan was well say a little unrealistic

Porsche accuses Nissan GT-R of cheating the 'Ring

Old 02-20-2011, 11:42 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
^^ Porsche aren't exactely saints either. What did they say the GT2 RS could do around the Ring? 7 minutes 18 seconds.
Sportauto tested the car and guess what, lap time was 7:24. Still a damn good time, but 6 seconds slower than promised by Porsche...

Old 02-20-2011, 11:47 AM
Teamspeed Member
belfiglio has a brilliant futurebelfiglio has a brilliant futurebelfiglio has a brilliant futurebelfiglio has a brilliant futurebelfiglio has a brilliant futurebelfiglio has a brilliant futurebelfiglio has a brilliant futurebelfiglio has a brilliant futurebelfiglio has a brilliant futurebelfiglio has a brilliant futurebelfiglio has a brilliant future
Chris Harris is right, here's the secret Ferrari adjustment for journalists

And here's the newest option 458

Old 02-20-2011, 12:00 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Originally Posted by Ludas
^^ Porsche aren't exactely saints either. What did they say the GT2 RS could do around the Ring? 7 minutes 18 seconds.
Sportauto tested the car and guess what, lap time was 7:24. Still a damn good time, but 6 seconds slower than promised by Porsche...
Not possible!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do not be ludicrous, Ludas!!!!!!

Porsche is the greatest auto manufacturer in the world. I knew that the minute I rode shotgun in one of their cars. I've never been behind the wheel but riding in the passenger seat told me that they were immune to trying to derive any unfair advantage in any situation, they would never oversell their brand, and they have the utmost integrity all the time 24/7/365 because they win at everything.

Only a slimy Italian brand like Ferrari would try to tweak their products to their advantage in any review. They must support diversity or something!

Old 02-21-2011, 04:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sean73T
Carrara:

When you're here, your heart moves,

Attachment 64746

When you're here, your dick moves,

Attachment 64747

This may be the best post ever. We need to make this into the official TS poster.

Quick Reply: Chris Harris's Rant: How Ferrari spins